+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help!!!

Post Likes

Help!!!

Ok where do I start. I had reliance install a furnace in November of 2014 in my 1200 sq ft two storie semi. The guy installed it while I was at work. First warning sign that he didn't do the job properly was not installing the correct thermostat for that furnace. He told me it was fine and that I should keep the fan running 24/7 it's better for your hydro bill he said. Little did I know that thermostat could never shut off the fan!! Anyways I started feeling headaches that following may 2015 put it down to stress. Then then following April I started having heart pain got checked out everything was ok. From April 2016 to nov 2016 I had over 30 hospital visits endless tests they couldn't figure out what was making me sick. In September 2016 I had to stop working I couldn't go on I wasn't sleeping I was in a constant state on panic and crying spells for months endless pain and suffering with no relief ever scariest experience ever. Then I was hospitalized for two weeks with psychosis in November when I realized it was carbon monoxide I freaked out and they emitted me because they wouldn't take me seriously anymore due to all the hospital visits. While I was in there my dad shut off my furnace. When I got out I called reliance and they came out. I was still out of it due to the long term poisioning but he replaced a bunch of parts and the gas was turned up to high in the furnace he fixed it along with a bunch of other parts. Manifold, gas pressure valve, flame signal, temp rise, something with venting in the unit and something else. When we turned the furnace back on it read 600 ppm at the exhaust vent!!!! Should only be 20-25 ppm. Through researching after the fact I found out about negative pressure and back drafting with the stack effect and atomospheric intake venting and lack of air and my house has all new windows and it sealed up really good. Which all applies to my house. My furnace in is my laundry room which has a gas water heater, washer and dryer. Shouldn't they have installed a fresh air intake? I'm trying to get enough evidence to take legal action for everything my family and I have suffered over the past year and a half or more. Input would be appreciated

Post Likes
    Here's where you can start, break up that giant wall of text of yours. Also, what's a 2 story semi? Is that like a double decker tractor trailer truck? Sounds pretty cool. Any pics?

Also, why do Canadian's use the word "hydro" to describe their electricity bill? Yeah I get that it might be cool if it's produced by water, but even so, "hydro" doesn't seem to be a very good description. Do you people actually have your own personal power generators that are operated off of the city's water supply. If so, that is pretty cool and I apologize.

It's too bad that it took over 30 hospital visits and "endless tests" before you and/or your doctors decided that the problems might be related to carbon monoxide. I am glad you are still alive and am sorry for all that you have been through.

With that being said, I don't believe we are allowed to give legal advice on this forum. Good luck to you though.

P.S... For anyone who may end up reading this in the future, LEARN WHAT THE WARNING SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING ARE! This is something that I believe everyone should know (including Canadian doctors).
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes
    Ok where do I start. I had reliance install a furnace in November of 2014 in my 1200 sq ft semi.

The guy installed it while I was at work. First warning sign that he didn't do the job properly was not installing the correct thermostat for that furnace. He told me it was fine and that I should keep the fan running 24/7 it's better for your hydro bill he said. Little did I know that thermostat could never shut off the fan!!

Anyways I started feeling headaches that following may 2015 put it down to stress. Then then following April I started having heart pain got checked out everything was ok. From April 2016 to nov 2016 I had over 30 hospital visits endless tests they couldn't figure out what was making me sick.

In September 2016 I had to stop working I couldn't go on I wasn't sleeping I was in a constant state on panic and crying spells for months endless pain and suffering with no relief ever scariest experience ever.

Then I was hospitalized for two weeks with psychosis in November when I realized it was carbon monoxide I freaked out and they emitted me because they wouldn't take me seriously anymore due to all the hospital visits.

While I was in there my dad shut off my furnace. When I got out I called reliance and they came out. I was still out of it due to the long term poisioning but he replaced a bunch of parts and the gas was turned up to high in the furnace he fixed it along with a bunch of other parts. Manifold, gas pressure valve, flame signal, temp rise, something with venting in the unit and something else.

When we turned the furnace back on it read 600 ppm at the exhaust vent!!!! Should only be 20-25 ppm. Through researching after the fact I found out about negative pressure and back drafting with the stack effect and atomospheric intake venting and lack of air and my house has all new windows and it sealed up really good. Which all applies to my house.

My furnace in is my laundry room which has a gas water heater, washer and dryer. Shouldn't they have installed a fresh air intake? I'm trying to get enough evidence to take legal action for everything my family and I have suffered over the past year and a half or more.

Post Likes
    You'll need some thorough documentation on how much CO is being produced and the problems with the furnace and venting.
    The best qualified techs for this have been trained by the National Comfort Institute. Check their website to see who is near you who has received that training.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    Ya see where blindly trusting doctors got you?

Agree with the reality of leaning the symptoms of CO poisoning...
    BTW: Folks in the USA are almost as blind about doctors and CO as Canadians...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Every home that has a gas furnace should have a CO monitoring device installed. Yearly maintenance by a QUALIFIED tech with PROPER equipment is also required.
    Doug

7. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Every home that has a gas furnace should have a CO monitoring device installed. Yearly maintenance by a QUALIFIED tech with PROPER equipment is also required.
    I agree. Just like fire alarms a CO alarm is a most for modern homes. Specially if you have kids.

9. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I suggest consulting with a trusted attorney and request an agreement will all fees and expenses paid by settlement. I anticipate a good attorney will first determine if the defendant has enough assets or coverage to make a claim worth the effort. If so, you'll likely not get more than 40% of the final judgement, but that's better than footing the bill for the experts.

If the contractor is literally worthless, I suggest finding a reputable contractor and replace that hacked system. Replacement will be much cheaper than a funeral.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in