+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HVACi - HVAC Investigators

Post Likes
    I got involved with them for a while, got screwed over 1 to many times. They would take the bill and chop it up, knock off what they didn't want to pay and give you part of the pay for the services you did. You could not promote your own company, and you had to give them repair/replace prices but only for the issue, could not include what caused the issue. For example, HO claims lightening, the compressor is stuck - no electrical damage on anything, bad duct. Had to price compressor replacement or system replacement but couldn't include fixing the duct work.

I had one this summer where the customer claimed hail damage. The coil had hail damage, mostly old, but it also had a leak on the bottom tube of a side with no dings in the fins so hail didn't cause the issue with his unit. The HO had me replace it and take the unit to my shop so his insurance Co could look at it. They sent out a guy with HVACi, he had to drive over 100 miles to get here.. What a moron. I showed him where the leak was and you could see the oil stain. The HO still got over $4k out of a 12 year old heat pump.

Post Likes
    I have done work for them little over a year and for the most part worked out for me. You are not gonna get rich off of it but it is steady all year. I have gotten 2 referrals off of them and they paid good money. I try not to travel too far for them cause there goes your money. It is a lot of crooks out here and claim damage. It is necessary I feel. I had one company that’s all they do is claim lighting/surge damage. I have found just failed capacitors and contactors to just low on Freon. I love that companies like these exist to catch the bad guys.

Post Likes
    You are wise my friend to decline further work for them. We done several local jobs for them with no problems. Then they wanted us to go over 100 mile away, they have not payed or call us since. We also refuse to work for anyone out of town wanting us to sub for them. Our experience is they are RIP OFFS!
    Good luck to you!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ahowell View Post
    You are wise my friend to decline further work for them. We done several local jobs for them with no problems. Then they wanted us to go over 100 mile away, they have not payed or call us since. We also refuse to work for anyone out of town wanting us to sub for them. Our experience is they are RIP OFFS!
    Good luck to you!
    You do realize this thread was started in May 2017 and last posted in nearly a year ago?!?!?!?!

It is frowned upon to open old threads.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in