Post Likes

Post Likes
    First of all, the president of the United States cannot unilaterally prevent a particular company from leaving the United States, so I don't even know why Trump was even promising this. "Ohh the art of the Deal"... ahh shut up! The only way to save American jobs, is to cut taxes and regulations, something the republicans are really dragging their feet on. It's simply too expensive to do business in America, especially when all of your competitors are over seas to avoid labor, over head, and operation costs here. Second, I have zero sympathy for Carrier. Since their moving to Mexico, does this mean I'll get the right parts that I ordered? Does this mean no more screw ups at Sigler? I doubt it. I shy away from anything Carrier as much as possible anyway.

Post Likes
    On my soap box just for a minute:

Not sure what the message really is for this posting. While I 100% believe that the President can place a huge amount of pressure on a company or vendor, but unless they can get the laws changed the President can't prevent Carrier (or any other company) from making their presence larger or smaller in the USA.

Question: Is the inference that the Democrats would have protected the Carrier jobs, or Trump lied, Huh think again for the last 9 years the Democrat run country has not saved any jobs. The jobs they claim to have created as a recovery from the 2008 recession have all been lower paying and most without any benefits. If trump lied he at least saved 800 jobs (for now) that would have otherwise been gone.

Yes I believe we have too many laws that inhibit or restirct business in this country compared to those countries where the jobs are moving too. But some of the laws have been for the benefit and protection of the workers. Nope we can't compete with jobs that are only paying $3 to $4 per hour or less than a $1 in many 3rd world countries. It will not be until there are huge trarrifs and import quotaes created before we see these jobs coming back.

When are we the American people going to wake up and tell our representative and senators: Were mad as hell and were not going to take it anymore! Last election whenever I got a call about vote for..... I told them I am voting for anyone who not been in the government before because they could not do any worse than who is there now!

Off my Soap Box

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    Yes I believe we have too many laws that inhibit or restirct business in this country compared to those countries where the jobs are moving too. But some of the laws have been for the benefit and protection of the workers. Nope we can't compete with jobs that are only paying $3 to $4 per hour or less than a $1 in many 3rd world countries. It will not be until there are huge trarrifs and import quotaes created before we see these jobs coming back.
    Yeah that wont work. You think you can be a wealth country only trading domestically or do you think the rest of the world is just going to decide to not throw up retaliatory tariffs as well? Factory jobs are never coming back the only factory jobs left are the ones a robot can't yet do or that can be done by a human cheaper than a robot hence the $3 per day wages. Sure we all like to look back on the days of good paying secure factory jobs but those days are gone along with the horse and buggy and the milkman. The economy is changing and evolving and factory jobs and things like coal mining are just casualties of the change you can't fight it with artificial constructs like tariffs and trade barriers the best you might be able to do is delay it. Maybe if you could get people to want to buy domestically made things and pay the price you'd see more if but given how busy every Walmart is that isn't happening ever.

Post Likes
    No, Im talking about pure corporate executuve greed. I just saw that the top executivesfrom the 5 largest media componies (cable tv) have an annual sallaries over 80 million per year the very top one was 98 million. Just what does this guy do to earn 98 million. Now if he was gone do you really think the business would even miss him, buy the same token if he was gone and the company did not have a 98 million dollar drain on profits could you cable bill be less? Yes any company needs to make a profit, yes stock holders deserve a good return on their investment

Yes we are a wealthy country and where a wealthy country (and so was Canada) before we had all these fancy trade agrrements and we had tarrifs and import quotas. Just look at what a our beloved US law makers have done with the trariff of refrigerant R125. Which is used to make R410a. How much is R410a in Canada? R410a has gone from about 100 bucks and got a price yesterday that was close to 300, the guy at the counter said price will go up again today.

Many parts of the world are not allowed to buy our stuff because of the tarrifs and mandate that products must be bought within the country

How many years do you think it will be before some company develops a plug and play HVAC unit that joe public can install. It's coming and there goes many of the installer jobs. I think back to the day when lennox had precharged evap coils, precharged condensing units and sealed lineset just screw them together no vacuum needed and minimal adjustments.

Yes I understand we live in a global society, Yes I understand technology has made things different. So if a robot could do the same work for $3 why leave the country and pay the shipping fees.

Good discussion and have a good afternoon

Post Likes
    wow what poor spelling Sorry I did not spell check was on my way out the door