Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

Help with Network 8000 Programming

I would like to know if there is a way to set the Hot Water setpoint.

Post Likes
    You have to log into the GCM block. Do you know how?
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Post Likes

Setpoint

Can you give some background on the system, what type of controllers do you have, how many, is there a GCM, etc.

Post Likes
    oh boy!

Post Likes
    And while you're at it, where does the red wire on terminal 17 go?

Post Likes

Beer

The red wire always goes to the rocket ignition module, duh beer.

Post Likes
    WHEC720, Thanks for responding. Yes I can log into the GCM block, and I can see the settings and I can change just about every other setpoint, but the Hot Water Setpoint for some reason won't change. Just a little background, my company just bought an old school and the place is empty, just trying to get the water temp down because we don't need 190 degree water in the pipes when no one is there.

Post Likes

hw setpoint

bdiamond,
    often the hw setpoint is reset based on osa temp, so that may be why you cannot change it directly. What type of gcm block are you at? If you arrow left, you can get to whatever is generating the setpoint. Without knowing your details, your setpoint could also be generated at the microzone level, requiring psi. More information is helpful.

Post Likes
    This is what I can tell you. The block is ZONE2:BLR-ROOM:AV1, WINDOW AV1, when I left arrow it tells me MATH:HWS-LOR:AINP1 then if I left arrow again it tells me MATH:HWS-LOR:AINP1.
    There is another, ZONE2:BLR-ROOM:AIN1, EMS AV1, This used to say something and I never wrote it down, I did change this to 155 degrees it still has that listed, if I left arrow I get options of Enter Pointer, Do not use (or something like that), and the 155 Degree that I put there.

Post Likes

gcm cont...

Without being there, it is looking like your gcm is bringing in the Window Av1, likely OSA temp, sending it through atleast your one math function, and deciding on a hw setpoint...the setpoint gets sent back to the MZ2 card through the Ems Av1 block. So from the sound of it, you may have fixed it if you were able to change your Ems Av1 to 155F.
    If that doesn't work, then you can press "enter" on the math block and see its function. You should see a spot either there, or in a HI/LO block which will have values of between 140 and 190 or so, a typical osa reset. From there you could change the 190 to 155 and get the same fix. Let me know if this helps.
    cntls

Post Likes
    cntls, Thanks for responding. The number that shows in the window AV1 is the actual hot water temp setpoint. It does change (go lower) with the outside air temp rising.

I have the program called NABworks and with that I can set/adjust all the other parameters and can get directly into the gcm through terminal mode.

I also have the program Signal, although it won't work, says not set up or registered. Was on the computer.

Also the program XPSI is on the computer and I can only get terminal mode to work, haven't been able to connect with the other options.

Post Likes
    also, this is located away from where I have internet, so if I could call anyone when I am at the location that would be great.

Post Likes
    OK, if you are sure the window av is your setpoint, then you will need your xpsi to talk to the mz2 card. Wish I knew what your ems:av1 point is doing, hard to tell without seeing it. It may be telling the card what the osa temp is? Anyhow, if you need help with setting xpsi up, let me know. You'll have to know the mz2 address is all, and user/pass is usually user/pass by default. Keep at it, sounds like you're almost there. Once you find your setpoint ddc, you can press alt M to monitor, or alt F to follow the ddc backwards. Piece of cake, NW8000 is great old stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast