Page 1 of 31 1234567811 ... LastLast
    Post Likes

If you had a beautiful 20-year-old daughter....

...would it be OK with you if she married a black guy? Would you prefer she marry a white guy rather than a black guy? Or will you be politically correct and say it doesn't matter? I've never been married, and I don't have any kids, but I would want my daughter to marry somebody of her own race. I would still love her if she married a black guy, Hispanic guy, Korean guy or Filipino guy or whatever. But, my preference would be that she marry a white guy. But the left would explode over my statement and say that I am a racist. But am I really a racist because of this preference? I don't think so.
    No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. -- Charles Dickens

Post Likes
    Yes, I would and do want my children to marry someone of my "race;" that being; Christian. A Child of the King. Fellow heir with Christ.

The other "race" is what is left of the human race... the pagans, and that was their choice? I'd protest.

3. Likes James Alexander, vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    ...would it be OK with you if she married a black guy? Would you prefer she marry a white guy rather than a black guy? Or will you be politically correct and say it doesn't matter? I've never been married, and I don't have any kids, but I would want my daughter to marry somebody of her own race. I would still love her if she married a black guy, Hispanic guy, Korean guy or Filipino guy or whatever. But, my preference would be that she marry a white guy. But the left would explode over my statement and say that I am a racist. But am I really a racist because of this preference? I don't think so.

I'm not sure if it matters I would want whatever made my kid the happiest. If you don't think you are a raciest what would you call it just a preference of one race over another.
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    I would specificaly warn my son against pacific islanders lol

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    I'm not sure if it matters I would want whatever made my kid the happiest. If you don't think you are a raciest what would you call it just a preference of one race over another.
    Don't all men prefer to get the hottest girl they can? What if one girl is super nice, but not attractive? Would you call it discrimination against the unattractive girl who is very nice and sweet? Don't we all have natural preferences about who we marry? Is this wrong?
    No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. -- Charles Dickens

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    I would specificaly warn my son against pacific islanders lol

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
    Did you see this on Drudge?

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/256148626-story

Post Likes
    Folks - Be careful not to get racist in this thread.

Having said...marrying outside one's race always has the potential to create problems. It's not that one race is better or worse than another; but there are cultural differences, and there's the possibility that the interracial couple will face challenges with those as well as judgement by others.

But people do it, and often fare just fine. Frankly, I think the skin color of a person is much less important than whether or not he/she is a good person and will treat their spouse with love and respect.

I have a beautiful daughter, and she married within her race. Not because of any rules I have or bias I passed along; just because that's she she fell in love with. And she chose a good man who adores er as much as I do. So I'm quite happy about that.

9. Likes BNME8EZ, mkovack liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I think that's racist by definition. If it's a black guy who just wants to knock her up and then split, then hate him for being that type of scumbag, but not for skin color because there are white guys who are that sorry too. Unfortunately it's difficult for a single white woman with a black child to catch a white guy. But unless it was rape it's her fault for being stupid. Best you can do is raise her to think with her brain and keep your fingers crossed.

11. Likes buttwheat liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I am white but my wife is Hispanic​. My girlfriend before her was black. Had a few white girlfriends here and there. One of my best friends from college is Indian/African. As long as they are an upstanding citizen then the color of their hair, eyes, or skin makes no difference. Cultural differences​ can be difficult but that also applies to people with the same skin color (think white person from deep South vs New York City).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Don't all men prefer to get the hottest girl they can? What if one girl is super nice, but not attractive? Would you call it discrimination against the unattractive girl who is very nice and sweet? Don't we all have natural preferences about who we marry? Is this wrong?
    Maybe this is why you are alone and never been married. You judge he book by its cover not what is said inside
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

14. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Would be more concerned with getting married at 20.

16. Likes oceanblues liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I would imagine it would have a LOT to do with where you lived.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    Folks - Be careful not to get racist in this thread.

Having said...marrying outside one's race always has the potential to create problems. It's not that one race is better or worse than another; but there are cultural differences, and there's the possibility that the interracial couple will face challenges with those as well as judgement by others.

But people do it, and often fare just fine. Frankly, I think the skin color of a person is much less important than whether or not he/she is a good person and will treat their spouse with love and respect.

I have a beautiful daughter, and she married within her race. Not because of any rules I have or bias I passed along; just because that's she she fell in love with. And she chose a good man who adores er as much as I do. So I'm quite happy about that.
    ditto

Page 1 of 31 1234567811 ... LastLast