Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

WebCtrl Software Installation needed

Hi;

We have a site that was hit by the ransom malware a few weeks ago. I was able to restore the system and get the PC back in operation and WebCtrl. We were hit again yesterday and PC held ransom again. We have decided its best to wipe out the pc and start over. Only issue is I don't have the Webctrl software. My question is, not being an ALC vendor can I acquire the software and re-install using the serial # file still on the pc. If so could any one point me in the direction of the software or contact me personally? I have an older disc version 4.1 only and the site is version 6.

Contacting the local ALC vendor is not an option at this point.

Thanks

Post Likes
    This must come from your dealer. Full stop. If they are being a pain reach out to the area manager. I can get you a contact if you tell us what state the site is in.

Make sure you save your web root directory, from that backup.
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and Smartstruxure newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

3. Likes loopypid liked this post
    Post Likes
    Not that simple but I understand where you are coming from.

Yes, I keep regular backups offsite of the current database as part of my monthly BAS maintenance.

Post Likes
    At least you've got two things going for you:
    1) Sounds like you have the license file
    2) You've got an older version of WebCTRL

I concur with Max. If you don't want to contact the regional folks, have your customer do it. Ultimately, your customer owns their copy of WebCTRL and its corresponding license - they'll have more pull than you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by XRRIDER View Post
    We were hit again yesterday and PC held ransom again.
    2 times? Brutal. Might be time to have a talk about keeping things updated, dump XP, don't click every random email & flashing website and use & update AV.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    That's the crazy part. PC is locked out and used for BAS only. We're not even sure how it got onto the pc? PC had AVG installed. Piece of crap software. Can't uninstall it. I think they are behind the malware and viruses.

Post Likes
    If it has internet access or its on their internal lan, its a potential target. Just a matter of being behind in patches/updates or someone clicking on the wrong link.

Wannacry which is making the current headlines is using the recent problem in MS SMB as I understand it. Without the fix, it can infect without any intervention of the user assuming it can access SMB. Could be one PC on lan constantly infecting any unpatched machine.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

9. Likes MaxBurn liked this post
    Post Likes
    That's the crazy part. PC is locked out and used for BAS only. We're not even sure how it got onto the pc? PC had AVG installed. Piece of crap software. Can't uninstall it. I think they are behind the malware and viruses.
    See the news this weekend? I bet it had exposed SMB. Updating is crucial these days, all the machines I maintain do auto update and reboot when they want. Unpatched boxes are a time bomb now.
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and Smartstruxure newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    If anyone can send me the software, I would really appreciate it.

Post Likes
    Nobody is going to be able to send you the software, hopefully by now you or your customer has reached out to the local dealer/branch and gotten this taken care of.

Post Likes
    Actually 2 days ago one of our forum members was great enough to send me the software. I wiped out the pc using factory image disks, installed WebCtrl 6, used existing license file then copied back up of database. Everthing is working great again.

14. Likes crab master, Tribal liked this post
    Post Likes
    Actually 2 days ago one of our forum members was great enough to send me the software. I wiped out the pc using factory image disks, installed WebCtrl 6, used existing license file then copied back up of database. Everthing is working great again.
    could you send me this software too?

Post Likes
    As soon as you become a Professional Member I'd be happy to send you the link he sent me. I hope you understand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast