Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    The GeneralAire DH70 is a nice unit. Honeywell products are made outside the US.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GAire View Post
    The GeneralAire DH70 is a nice unit. Honeywell products are made outside the US.
    You did not do your research for your first post. I know for a fact that the Honeywell ducted dehumidifiers are made in the USA. Hope your research improves as you post in the future.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    I would be interested to know where you got your research. This from Honeywell chat. They could not confirm made in the USA.

Connecting to Agent...
    End Chat Save Chat
    Please hold while we connect you to an agent.
    Cancel Chat
    Honeywell Support
    Thank you for contacting Honeywell Technical Support. My name is Ankush. How can I assist you today?
    10:06:35 AM
    Me
    Yes I am looking to buy one of your 70 pint per day dehumidifiers and I would like to know where it is made.
    10:07:25 AM
    Honeywell Support
    Could you please provide your telephone number for documentation purpose?
    10:09:59 AM
    Me

10:10:09 AM
    Honeywell Support
    Thank you for the information.
    10:10:53 AM
    Could you please provide the complete part number of the dehumidifier you are referring to?
    10:11:18 AM
    Me
    TrueDRY DR65
    10:11:54 AM
    Honeywell Support
    Are you a homeowner or a licensed HVAC contractor?
    10:12:45 AM
    Me
    homeowner
    10:12:58 AM
    Honeywell Support
    Also, please state the purpose of knowing this information since these are critical business information.
    10:13:24 AM
    Me
    As I live the United States I would prefer to buy American made products.
    10:14:07 AM
    Honeywell Support
    Our products are manufactures and assembled globally in various locations]. There is no specific place I can comment where this product is manufactured or assembled.
    10:16:37 AM
    Me
    OK thank you. I will have to buy a different brand then.
    10:21:34 AM
    Honeywell Support
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to answer your question specifically. However, I assure you that Honeywell products are made of best quality keeping American and Canadian customers in mind.
    10:25:35 AM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GAire View Post
    I would be interested to know where you got your research. This from Honeywell chat. They could not confirm made in the USA.

to buy a different brand then.
    10:21:34 AM
    Honeywell Support
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to answer your question specifically. However, I assure you that Honeywell products are made of best quality keeping American and Canadian customers in mind.
    10:25:35 AM
    With a name like "GAire", I am sure you were ready to buy a Honeywell if it were made in the USA. Let me assure again that the Honeywell ducted units are made in the USA. They do have free standing small units that are probably made elsewhere.
    Well anyway, good job of grilling.

Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy

Post Likes
    Please see attached. From the outside of the box.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 508gm1 View Post
    Please see attached. From the outside of the box.
    Finally, evidence that the Bear got it right!
    Good job. So much miss information. Homes do not need fresh air is another mis-statement. Modern homes during mild weather without wind do not get enough fresh to purge indoor pollutants and renew oxygen. Measure the CO2 levels in an occupied during moderate weather and clam winds. Do the arithmetic. An air change in 8-12 hours is not considered adequate. An air change in 4-5 is minimum.
    When the wind blows, ok plenty of fresh air.
    Experts everywhere.
    Regards Teddy Bear

Post Likes
    10-4 Mr. Teddy Bear. I cannot vouch for newer homes. Mine was built circa 1920. It is plenty leaky! If it was a super tight new construction home, I would have opted for the dr90 with fresh air intake. I am all about comfort in my home, and the de-humidifier has made a world of difference!. Thanks again for all of your help!

Cheers, Brendan

Post Likes
    Attached are pictures of the unit installed. Still working great!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12