+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HVAC Balancing

Post Likes

HVAC Balancing

I have a small project related to HVAC and I am not good at this area at all.
    Our work space now is a quad trailer, with 4 HVAC units. I have attached the units info.
    and the HVAC drawings.

here are the issues:
    1- Large temp differential between offices and rooms - I am assuming that this is due to the amount of zones.
    2- Noise coming from the diffusers. - Not sure there

I was told that the system was balanced 3 years ago, so, is that normal for it to balanced again? and will that solve any issues?
    I was also told that the contractors also suggested to replace the diffuser type and he said to add balance dampers as needed.

what do you guys think? How do I fix this HVAC situation? Should I divide the whole space into way more zones?

I have attached all the info I think you guys might need. please advise

Post Likes
    If you need balance dampers it most likely has never been balanced properly. Give the diffuser info to the supplier. They should be able to tell you if the size and type installed are OK. If the duct is above the ceiling and space height is short you may need to over size the diffusers to reduce noise because the air all discharges from one side.
    Properly balanced the system should work OK but making everyone happy is unlikely. Look for space heaters and sweaters and give those folks more or less than design based on their preference. The diffuser branch ducts on the end of the main runs make balancing more difficult because all the air wants to go there. I didn't see zone control other that four separate units. When occupied keep the fans running continuously even if not conditioning the air. That not only helps maintain a more even temperature but is required for fresh air supply.
    The system should not need balanced after three years unless someone has screwed with it.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    CP6NH

These types of posts are trolling.

If you want to push your post count up then join in a conversation with substance.

Admin
    Respectfully, I am here because I am a guy with a furnace problem. There is little substance I can offer on a topic I know little about. I did this in order to be able to post links, something you can't do before you have 7 posts. And as you'll notice, I found this post here dating back to 2017 that's all but dead, just so I wouldn't "contaminate" one that's active. If this forum is not a place where someone like me should come to get help, then please do let me know and I'll perhaps find another forum. Thank you

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CP6NH View Post
    Respectfully, I am here because I am a guy with a furnace problem. There is little substance I can offer on a topic I know little about. I did this in order to be able to post links, something you can't do before you have 7 posts. And as you'll notice, I found this post here dating back to 2017 that's all but dead, just so I wouldn't "contaminate" one that's active. If this forum is not a place where someone like me should come to get help, then please do let me know and I'll perhaps find another forum. Thank you
    During the first thread process we will let you know if we need pictures and links. However, this is not a DIY forum so all is well as long as those rules are followed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in