Post Likes

Mitsubishi changes policy of online sales

I was asked by a customer if I would install a ductless heat pump if they purchase it online. I told them that Mitsubishi will not warrant equipment purchased online based on a statement on the Mitsubishi site that I read some years ago. I looked online today and the only statement I could find was in Warranty Statement. I have underlined the part pertaining to purchase.
    "Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Cooling & Heating Division of MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC US, INC. (“MEUS”) warrants to the original purchaser of this M-Series product purchased on or after April 1, 2015 from a licensed HVAC contractor and installed by such contractor in the continental United States,"

In an effort to find a stronger statement I called Mitsubishi. Evidently they now approve of online sales as they have a document that they emailed to me entitled -
    Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. — Cooling & Heating Division
    Unilateral Minimum Advertised Price Policy (Internet Only)
    The gist of it is in this quote from the document: "some customers may wish to supplement their business activities by advertising Products through the Internet." Mitsubishi's concern is that the price may not be lower than what they set.
    The person I spoke to at Mitsubishi said that they will provide a warranty for parts. The only change is that the customer must pay for the part first until Mitsubishi has received the returned part and verified the failure.
    I am going to discuss this matter with my distributor and I wanted to let others know about it as well. I encourage others to raise objections to the policy, too.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Then the customer can send in the defective parts, wait for the delivery, pay me to install them and deal with the paper work.
    Or call someone else.

Post Likes
    Please go to MitsubishiComfort dot com/internet-sales to go to the Mitsubishi Home Owner's Website where you can find something that may be very helpful for you.

The first paragraph states -

Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating is committed to providing reliable and innovative mechanical cooling and heating solutions. To support this effort we do not authorize online retail sales of our Mitsubishi Electric ductless air-conditioning and heat pump products for many reasons we will identify here.

Then it goes on to explains the concerns they have with Internet Sales.

I hope this may help you with dealing with some future customers.

Post Likes
    I had an ICP distributor tell me that HAVE to start warranting "internet sales" parts.
    Something about a court decision or federal law.....
    Just saying
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JorgeV View Post
    Please go to MitsubishiComfort dot com/internet-sales to go to the Mitsubishi Home Owner's Website where you can find something that may be very helpful for you.

The first paragraph states -

Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating is committed to providing reliable and innovative mechanical cooling and heating solutions. To support this effort we do not authorize online retail sales of our Mitsubishi Electric ductless air-conditioning and heat pump products for many reasons we will identify here.

Then it goes on to explains the concerns they have with Internet Sales.

I hope this may help you with dealing with some future customers.
    Thank you for posting. That's the information I hoped to find. However it contradicts what was sent to me by the Mitsubishi representative.
    The big question is WHY IS THIS NOT ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE MITSUBISHI SITE? I found it only because you pointed it out. A google search will yield numerous sites that sell Mitsubishi. They all represent what they sell as having a full warranty. Are they actually denying warranty claims on equipment purchased online? Customers are likely to be deeply disappointed to find that out after the fact.
    If Mitsubishi is serious about selling though a distributor/dealer network they should be declaring it forcefully.

Post Likes
    pay for the part upfront ... good luck getting paid.

Post Likes
    What about Home Depot selling Mitsubishi. So much for diamond dealer loyalty.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vargimike View Post
    What about Home Depot selling Mitsubishi. So much for diamond dealer loyalty.
    I didn't see Mitsubishi on the HD site. Plenty of Gree stuff though.

Post Likes
    Look at home depot westerly RI. Put mitsubishi in their search engine. Comes right up.