Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 53 to 59 of 59

Thread: Speak Up!

  1. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    12,066
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    Is Trump so weak that he cannot withstand any debate???? You seem to imply that he is....
    Debating liberals is easy.

    But indoctrination from media, news and education is something debate can't counter.

    There are millions that are swayed by the likes of Colbert and his ilk that aren't interested in honest debates. They don't pay attention yet they pull the lever for the left because the left is "for the little guy" or some such mumbo jumbo.

  2. Likes glennac liked this post
  3. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    4,533
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Debating liberals is easy.

    But indoctrination from media, news and education is something debate can't counter.

    There are millions that are swayed by the likes of Colbert and his ilk that aren't interested in honest debates. They don't pay attention yet they pull the lever for the left because the left is "for the little guy" or some such mumbo jumbo.
    If debating liberals is so easy, why didn't your representative in the oval office take it up with the reporter that dared to question him? If what you say is true it would be a cake walk to clarify his previous statement.

    (Just trying to bring the discussion back to the OP)
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

  4. Likes MadMasticator liked this post
  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    12,066
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    The facts do not bear out your hypothesis. Conservatives fell in line behind a man who exemplified all they "say" they despise in a moral human being. That is how we ended up with this administration.

    That by definition is hypocrisy - especially when you call out the very people who opposed this immoral slug and continue to show what a pig he really is.
    We ended up with Trump not because conservatives chose him. Republicans and pissed off anti gubment types("they are all crooks" type of guys) picked Trump. The remaining conservatives split their vote between three or four candidates.

    And even today many many conservatives critisize Trump.

    So, I'm not seeing the merits of your hypocrisy charge. It's just not accurate.
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley


    "One out of 3 Democrat voters is just as stupid as the other two"
    -Said by me

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    12,066
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    If debating liberals is so easy, why didn't your representative in the oval office take it up with the reporter that dared to question him? If what you say is true it would be a cake walk to clarify his previous statement.

    (Just trying to bring the discussion back to the OP)
    Two reasons.

    He's not a conservative. And the question was not about the merits of conservatism compared to the evils of liberalism.
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley


    "One out of 3 Democrat voters is just as stupid as the other two"
    -Said by me

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,808
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Again you missed my point.

    Do you not see the millions of conservatives who do break ranks to criticize Trump and his antics?

    You never see that on the left.

    I heard your point and understood it.

    You are missing my counter argument.

    Sure there are some in our party. But you guys all do it. You never see large swaths of Democrats that will criticize their leaders. You do on the right with Trump.

    So again. Spare me the hypocrisy charge. You guys are the masters of hypocrisy.
    I don't see the millions of conservative critics. I see a few...occasionally. What I do see is a lot of turning a blind eye to Trump's incompetence and sleaziness, not to mention the umpteen instances of unconscionable nug-hugging on Trump. Some whacko religious nuts are even saying that the Trump presidency is quite literally a gift from God.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    19,951
    Post Likes
    Gift from the God of the Almighty Dollar..........
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

    WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

    Chewbacca Mom 2016

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    9,267
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    They don't pay attention yet they pull the lever for the left because the left is "for the little guy" or some such mumbo jumbo.
    If the Left is not for the little guy, and they are definitely not for the abuse from corporate America, who are they for?

    Let me guess. They are for the destruction of America?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •