Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    We get a lot of requests to install either Bagnet or Logworks controllers from manufacturers like Alertron, Dietach, and NiagaraAx.

2. Likes ace57745 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Distech
    Easy IO
    Loytec
    Johnson Controls FX
    ASI Controls
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    In all seriousness (and in my opinion) there is no such thing as a "singular" alternative. Just buy what works best for your needs from whoever comes across as the least full of ****...

Post Likes
    It's easy to see the difference between someone who understands the controls industry and others who are clueless. BAS dealers have territory's they must stay with in. Vendors are picky about who they grant dealerships too. In many cases especially urban areas becoming a dealer for any trusted vendor would be difficult. Many mechanical engineers have a approved vendor list. Don't forget who your customers initially are. For new construction you are subcontracting under a HVAC or plumbing contractor. If they don't trust your product you won't be getting many jobs. Also understand that the controls industry is extremely competitive and cut throat. If the huge hitters like JCI or Honeywell want a control job. Knowing they have infinite resources. They can bid jobs for less than cost. With the goal of making money overtime. Small businesses usually can't do that. In fact screwing up a estimate on a million dollar control job for a massive industrial facility could bankrupt the company. I would look at all options available. Choose the best option that gave me the best opportunity to succeed in the market place. The best option for my customers. Then make the goal of learning everything there is to know about that system. How to install and test the system at the highest level. Anybody can get iWorx from taco but how many iWorx systems do you see in buildings. Honestly good luck with the Schneider venture. They would be on most approved vendor list.
    Last edited by ace57745; 05-05-2017 at 02:28 AM.
    Lonworks! BACnet

6. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ace57745 View Post
    Fishing with the electricians after work for walleyes on the Missouri is fun. I usually bribe them with free beer in exchange for installing conduits. If that doesn't work Dale Earnhart Jr. Memorabilia will due the trick!
    aww, does SE give all the cheerleaders their trolling app for palm as well?
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Best of the best http://innotech.com.au/
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

9. Likes InnotechNinja liked this post
    Post Likes
    Orion:
    I don't know of any trolling apps from SE. But I have never used the Andover line. So maybe you could get one for your Palm pilot. The EcoStruxure is a better fit for customers in my area. Also as far as I know there are two types of trolling. This may help you understand the difference. http://m.dailykos.com/story/2008/08/...mies-w-pooties. Let me know if you need any help with the vocabulary. Otherwise would you mind explaining your job position so I can understand the best approach to take for better communications between us. Thanks!
    Lonworks! BACnet

Post Likes

Post Likes
    grgjohno:
    You may want to read the book on trolling as well. See there is a big difference between trolling and a troll. They are in now way related. But being from completely different worlds and not understanding your culture. I can see why there would be confusion. Orion is suggesting that my post about fishing with electricians is trolling. But it's not. For one thing it true. I have been fishing for walleyes on the Missouri River with the electricians after work many times. I always keep good relations with the electrical foreman. Put a case a beer in the back of his truck for helping with conduits and using his raceways, j hooks, rings or whatever. Electricians usually like dale Earnhart jr. I gave one foreman a Dale Earnhart jr snap on ratcheting screw driver in exchange for using a raceway to run wires between floors. Furthermore mate my post are in know way written in a trolling manor according to the book. Really you should read it so you can understand.
    Lonworks! BACnet

Post Likes
    No problem.

Currently my official day job title is senior applications engineer, though by personal choice it’s not listed anywhere in our company material, my biz cards, or email sig. In my down time, I have my own company offering support services to automation industry to customers across the country.

Went from high school to 2yrs of collage for electrical engineering. During summer breaks, I worked for a commercial concrete contractor to pay for school. Slinging 8’ forms, working miles of flat work, etc, been there done that. After finishing 2yr, I decided to leave and started in the field as an BMS installer. Butt crack hanging out bending pipe, pulling wire, etc. Loved it, still enjoy working with our install team on the rare chance I get today. Did that for a while, got my license, ended up managing the installers shortly after. Few years of that, I got moved into project management. PM at the time involved everything from PO to warranty letter, minus the install. You designed, submitted, programed commissioned, trained and dealt with warranty items.

My current day job, I focus on one or two accounts. These days that’s research facilities that cover aerospace, biomed, datacenters, pharma and even small run specialized silicon fab. These customers consider their applications mission critical and while a handful at times, I find it interesting and challenging. I report to the owners directly.

My previous position, I managed a small controls outfit from just after inception and far in the red to well established and solid black. Billings, collections, installers, techs, scheduling, reviews, ME/customer dog & pony shows, etc while maintaining a sizable project load.

Over my time in controls, there are few roles I have not filled at one point or another. Still learning every day, and happily accept it when I'm wrong. I might be consulting with mechanical engineers over controls on upcoming projects one day and the next above a ceiling with a sawzall in my hands showing a subcontractor how to deal with a PITA pneumatic retrofit kit.

Don’t worry about this dumb sparky with his crack hanging out, I’ll be ok.

You come in here posting all this crap about SE and some bogus report saying they are #1 over and over until they finally put you in the time out room.
    Then you come back, again bashing another control system, then calling out any disagreement on their experience…pointing to your “industry leader” website which funny enough touts a PDA app as a bullet point in 2017…
    I call BS on it, granted not sugar coated, after which you look at my profile. Then post two lengthy posts belittling me hoping to get under my skin.

Sorry, I deal with dinks much larger you and even they can’t get under my skin. I don’t get too excited and have a long history of dealing with complete dbags. Have I lost some, yep. It’s nothing different than sales. At the end of the year, you hope to win more than lose. I still have losers today. My winners however far outweigh and the number of losers, and the number of losers keeps getting smaller.

What you call bulling, I call waste treatment. Your apparently here to be a complete PITA and have little to offer.
    Last edited by orion242; 05-05-2017 at 10:08 PM.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    GO AWAY ALREADY. I thought I rambled on, but damn you take the cake Ace.

You bash ALC way too often. Did an ALC guy get your girlfriend/boyfriend in the past? You're so venomous towards ALC makes me think you had something personal happen...

You talk about canned programs are better from SE and ALC's suck...blah,blah,blah. ALC's are fully programmable, did you even know that? Probably not since you're not a controls tech or any other variation.

If an ALC program needs to be changed, the software tools are installed with the front end and can be used by anyone that has access to it. Is that how Schneider Electric works?

Jesus guy enough is enough already. Use spell check please for the love of god!

SHOOO!
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

15. Likes grgjohno liked this post
    Post Likes
    Orion
    First off... That is the first intelligent thing I have seen you post. I'm surprised you would call me a cheerleader or say glad to get rid of another snowflake? I admire your accomplishments and my goal is make some of the same. We have similar struggles with school and working a full time job at the same time. Why didn't you get your ME degree? We have some similar work experience. I'm guessing you are the senior applications engineer at Novar? I just learned Novar has been the self proclaimed innovation leader for the last 30 years. Saving there customers billions of dollars. I can see Novar would have infinite resources being owned by Honeywell. Wait a minute how can SE be the best when Novar is the best. I have personally never seen a Opar contoller. They are not installed my area as far as I know. However Honeywell is a big hitter. You diffenatly fit the stereo type. Your ego is amazing. Arrogant, cocky, confident swagger. A drive to be the best. Don't get to cocky if you believe in karma. Are differences are the way we raised and completly different cultures. Coming from poverty myself where every little thing is used and appreciated. To treat everyone as a equal even if the are different and stupid. Calling people names and then laughing in there face? I try to hold myself to a higher level than that. Although I realize I too fit the stereo type. But what I question is you actually running a industrial controls job that last over year. The longer they last the more drama there is. There is know way you would last treating people that way. You could get your but jacked in the parking lot after work. To me everyone is a treated as a equal in construction. You are know better than the Spanish drywaller. If you are nice to them they will truly share there delicious burritos and tacos. You are no better than the Native American TARO workers that sometimes must be hired. You must be repectful and treat these guys as equals. If you don't you will get messed up in the parking lot and then probably robbed. If you called one of these guys a cheerleader or a snowflake! Then laughed with your control buddies. That would be your last day for sure. You must treat members on this site different than on a industrial control job? There is know way in hell you would last doing that as a installation manager. Not a project manager they can stay in the office and let someone like me take care of it for them.
    Lonworks! BACnet

Post Likes
    Xarrulu: I haven't said anything bad about ALC since my suspension. I changed my mind I like ALC and carrier. I'm aloud to do that whenever I want btw. ALC and carrier make service departments profitable. It's important to the industry to keep positive growth for service companies nationwide. There was a rumor SE wanted to donate modbus trademark violation fines to ALC and carrier. Everyone had to do there part to make America strong again.
    Lonworks! BACnet

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast