Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Interesting service call on a smelly furnace today!

I got called out into the valley to look at a furnace that was throwing up an error code for a flue proving switch/pressure switch error. The switch tested out fine but would intermittently open and throw the furnace into an error code and sometimes a lockout. I found a small crack in the pressure switch tubing so I replaced the tubing and the error went away. "Great" I thought. Problem solved.

Three days later they called back with the same problem. I went back out and was getting the same pressure error again. I decided to pull the inducer motor off to check for anything and I found this. BTW, it smelled terrible. It looked like he chewed on the fan blades inside the inducer for some period of time before it came on while he was in there! Once I dumped his nasty little ass out of there the thing worked great again!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Likes armandomartinez liked this post
    Post Likes
    I don't see why that needs posting. you act like a service call with a dead animal has never been seen before. oh maybe it's your dinner.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    I don't see why that needs posting. you act like a service call with a dead animal has never been seen before. oh maybe it's your dinner.
    My dinner? Please. My three year old nephew can be funnier and more inflammatory then that and he can barely talk.

5. Likes lions_lair, Pajal liked this post
    Post Likes
    Fk it dump some hot sauce on that bad boy lol

Post Likes
    On a side note I had a rat get shredded in the blower wheel before...was disgusting

Post Likes
    So the inducer wheel is now out of balance and you just put it back together and let it run?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    If people didn't post up stupid stuff they ran into everyday this forum would just be a bunch of rednecks flapping their gums in the ARP section. Why so angry?
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

10. Likes STEVEusaPA, HVAC_Marc, Pajal, DavidCC liked this post
    Post Likes
    at least you didnt have maggots running around like the last one i did. i even got some juice on me when i pulled the lower inducer drain hose.

12. Likes buttwheat liked this post
    Post Likes
    I guess the take away is never assume anything, and taking shortcuts may equal call backs. Anything with venting/pressure switches I always check the vent-pull the flue pipe, check the chimney (when possible) with a mirror & full combustion test including draft.
    At least it was dead and you didn't 'release the Crackin'.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Last one I had was a squirrel with the magots. I put a coarse wire mesh over the exaust cause they wanted something done about it. Couple of days later we got a big dump of heavy wet snow just barely freezing so the heat never came on during the snow and plugged the vent. Had to go back to take off the wire mesh after the snow melted on the roof a few days after that.

Post Likes
    Is that a Pack Rat? Cool picture.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
    Is that a Pack Rat? Cool picture.
    No. Inducer Rat.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    Weirdest service call I've ever had was when I removed a duct and there was a live catfish in there. I was a vacant apartment to so I don't know how he got in there and how he was still alive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast