Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Would the GOP be willing to compromise and only outlaw second and third trimester abortions?

Also, I would like to see a poll taken of Democrats and Republicans on what percentage feel that only second and third trimester abortions should be illegal…or are at very least immoral. On that ground, I'd say the Right and the Left are very close in their views on abortion. But how would we ever outlaw the most egregious abortions…the elective late term abortion? Because the Right cannot be trusted, Roe v Wade must remain in place. Just how many late term abortions are we talking about anyhow?
    Unfortunately, I have no sway over the GOP.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    Abortion should be permitted from conception up through old age. "Son, you're 35, a bum, and still living in our basement. You're obviously non-viable. Your mother and I have discussed it and we've decided to have a late term abortion." "We really believe it'll be for the best."
    You're being too upfront. It'd be like taking the dog to the vet. You gotta pretend like your going to the park, then...
    Last edited by vin lashon; 04-26-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Unfortunately, I have no sway over the GOP.
    Yes you do, call your Congress and senate offices and voice your concerns. It's quick you just call them and tell them whatever you think. It works much better if you get a focused message and have multiple people call with the same gripe.

That's why I support unions. I support the people unifying and telling officials they need to do what we voted them in to do... It's not communist, or anti American. It's what America is all about, we the people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    You're right, I was being facetious due to your question of what the GOP might be amenable to, but if I were to call, it would not be supportive of abortion in any form other than for mitigating circumstances.

Post Likes
    You're right, I was being facetious due to your question of what the GOP might be amenable to, but if I were to call, it would not be supportive of abortion in any form other than for mitigating circumstances.
    Well I'm sure your elected official would be happy to hear from his constituents regardless. We should all be involved.

Post Likes
    You're being too upfront. It'd be like taking the dog to the vet. You gotta pretend like your going to the park, then...
    Come on son, they have PlayStation, and mountain dew, and Doritos, let the nurse test your blood and then you can play...

7. Likes vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblues View Post
    Well I'm sure your elected official would be happy to hear from his constituents regardless. We should all be involved.
    True. This is something I've only recently began...keeping up with vote records, etc. I get sidetracked with business and such, but definitely something I plan on following through with, including maybe some phone calls and letters. Gotta keep these RINOs on their toes.

9. Likes oceanblues liked this post
    Post Likes
    True. This is something I've only recently began...keeping up with vote records, etc. I get sidetracked with business and such, but definitely something I plan on following through with, including maybe some phone calls and letters. Gotta keep these RINOs on their toes.
    I grew up thinking that elections don't matter and don't really affect your life... that statement couldn't be farther from the truth, but the more people think that way, the less control the people have over their government and their lives.

It's hard to make time. 3 kids, a house with an acre in South Florida is not easy to maintain (I enjoy it though) , my old 95 ford always has something for me to do to it, the house is getting remodeled... lots of work... It's hard to remember to call those knuckle heads but I try to make time. If we all think our voice doesn't matter, than it doesnt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    That's just your opinion. They equally believe that they are right and that you are the evil ones.
    All opinions are not valid. That's just silly.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    All optinions are not valid. That's just silly.
    But who decides which is silly?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblues View Post
    But who decides which is silly?

Common sense. History. Present day reality.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Common sense. History. Present day reality.
    I think sense ain't as common as you think.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    The pro choice people are doing the exact same thing as the pro gun folks do. They will not give an inch on second and third trimester abortions, even though many, like me, would like to. If they did, they know it would be a matter of time before first trimester abortions would be also outlawed. The opposition can never be trusted.
    Not really true. The NRA and almost all its members support common sense gun laws. So do all Republican politicians. Also, there is not a Republican mandate that you have to be pro gun to be in the Republican party.

Those are major differences.

16. Likes GT1980 liked this post
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast