+ Reply to Thread

Thread: re-routing Vent stack in attic??

Post Likes

Confused re-routing Vent stack in attic??

ok dont but my head off here but i had no choice LOL

needed to add furnace/coil that was 11inches longer than old system and the left side Rplenum is up against Roof Post, cant cut that, right side Splenum upagainst a bathroom PVC vent stack..i was forced to cut it to allow for new system so its about 6inch off set now.

Question,

do these have to be staring all the way through the roof termination or can i siply grab some pipe and 90s and re-route back around plenum..??

whats the code for this, being a vent stack doesnt seem like it'd be an issue just routing it back around given the weird way they vent some retrofits nowadays with the little deal on end of pipe..

anyway please advise..thx

Post Likes
    As long as any water inside doesnt pool anywhere you can reroute it without issue.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    As long as any water inside doesnt pool anywhere you can reroute it without issue.
    cool so going a little horizontal to vertical back to horizontal back to vertical is ok as long as it has some fall/drop as it goes down..i saw a few like this from new construction but most go straight up..

Post Likes
    yes, that's correct. pitch is good
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Try to avoid hard 90's and a 90 right off the unit if possible. Also, if you are adding fittings you may end up increasing the pressure drop past the acceptable range of your current pipe size. In the manual for the furnace they usually give the sizes required for the length run (remember a small 90 bend could actually have a large equivalent length)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaple4 View Post
    Try to avoid hard 90's and a 90 right off the unit if possible. Also, if you are adding fittings you may end up increasing the pressure drop past the acceptable range of your current pipe size. In the manual for the furnace they usually give the sizes required for the length run (remember a small 90 bend could actually have a large equivalent length)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I think he is referring to an ABS sewer vent, Not a flue for a 90% FAU. (said it was from a bathroom)

OP, in either case 45°s and sweep 90°s are much preferred to hard 90°s.
    And if it is ABS(the black pipe that looks like PVC), then you need to make sure and use ABS pipe, fittings and glue. Regular PVC on ABS is a no no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -"There always seems to be enough money to do it right the second time"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in