Thread: white and red wires from furnace to water pump

Post Likes

white and red wires from furnace to water pump

The Beckett water pump on my Bryant gas furnace is no longer working, and I purchased a Little Giant replacement, which does not allow me to connect the 2 red and white wires that are exiting the bottom of the furnace (please see photo) I understand this activated a safety shut off switch, which now prevents the furnace from igniting. So my question is: can I merely connect those 2 wires together, or are they positive and negative and need to somehow connect to the new pump?

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    In the 2nd photo you state 2 blue wires connected to furnace red and blue wires, but the 1st and 3rd photo shows a red and white wire, I don't see no blue wire on the side of the furnace.

You probably won't get much help as they tell me this is not a DIYer site.

Post Likes
    IF this is a safety switch to prevent water damage if pump fails, then bypassing it may flood your area/home. Since you don't actually know, then I'd call someone who does know....like a professional?? We are forbidden to assist with DIY attempts on this site....sorry.

Post Likes
    Every little giant pump I have ever purchased has the 2 wires.....did the online company get ya?
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    Ooooooooooo

I see bad thing coming from this!

Post Likes

blues wires

Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    Every little giant pump I have ever purchased has the 2 wires.....did the online company get ya?
    I bought the pump thru Home Depot, and it didn't include the 2 blue wires- I'll probably return it and buy the more expensive Beckett that comers w/ the 2 blue wires.

But again my question is whether I can simply attach the red and white wires to each other so that I can use the Little Giant pump

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyG View Post
    I bought the pump thru Home Depot, and it didn't include the 2 blue wires- I'll probably return it and buy the more expensive Beckett that comers w/ the 2 blue wires.

But again my question is whether I can simply attach the red and white wires to each other so that I can use the Little Giant pump
    Some condensate pumps do not have an emergency cutoff switch. Your old pump did and when the switch tripped, it opened the control circuit. 24 volt furnace voltage is AC, there is no polarity in the conventional sense.

That's all I can tell you without going into DIY.

Post Likes
    You need to break down and get a professional visit. What you are proposing may flood your basement.

We can't provide DIY. Good luck and it should not cost more than a service call fee.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    it is a switch. If this does not help I am sorry. I did try.

Post Likes
    Please don't hook it up wrong. Bad things can happen.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    You need to break down and get a professional visit. What you are proposing may flood your basement.

We can't provide DIY. Good luck and it should not cost more than a service call fee.
    The last time I got a "professional" visit, the tech claimed the secondary heater core on our 10 yr old Bryant was completely corroded and not worth fixing, and advised a new $5000 furnace. Also claimed the carbon monoxide was too high and wanted to get a salesman in for the paper work. They neglected to tell me about the free replacement (not including service call fee) Bryant offers as a result of a class action law suit, which I discovered after contacting a more reputable company, who told me the heater core was fine and carbon levels safe.

Post Likes
    No, the Little Giant did not include the 2 blue leads, and when I took the cover off, I didn't see any connectors to attach the leads from the old Beckett pump

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyG View Post
    The last time I got a "professional" visit, the tech claimed the secondary heater core on our 10 yr old Bryant was completely corroded and not worth fixing, and advised a new $5000 furnace. Also claimed the carbon monoxide was too high and wanted to get a salesman in for the paper work. They neglected to tell me about the free replacement (not including service call fee) Bryant offers as a result of a class action law suit, which I discovered after contacting a more reputable company, who told me the heater core was fine and carbon levels safe.
    You did not get a "Professional". You got a "SALES" tech. I would be in and out with you being fixed for the service call fee.

What you related is what sux about this industry. The sales techs only have a job if they can sell x times their pay. Shuh.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

14. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    You did not get a "Professional". You got a "SALES" tech. I would be in and out with you being fixed for the service call fee.

What you related is what sux about this industry. The sales techs only have a job if they can sell x times their pay. Shuh.
    Thanks- the second honest company restored my faith in your industry