Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: We Only Have Ten Years To Live

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    27,713
    Post Likes
    Dude! Take it easy! I've got a house in Florida about 3' above sea level! <g>

    PHM
    -------


    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    If this does happen, I wish it would do it in a few minutes, taking out California and New York before the idiots can escape.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  2. Likes coolwhip liked this post.
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    7,227
    Post Likes
    Does that mean if your convicted of a serious crime, the most they will sentence you is 10 years, as it doesn't matter after that.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,408
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I can't imagine that ending well. Not in war, but for CA being it's own 'country'. I doubt their economy could take it, especially with more and more immigrants flooding in.
    Truth be told, other states would probably supper more than we would. Due to all of the produce, other food, and money that we export.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,408
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    Does that mean if your convicted of a serious crime, the most they will sentence you is 10 years, as it doesn't matter after that.
    Sanctuary city? It means that if you are an illegal and get caught doing a crime you only spend 24 hours in jail then they let you go.

  6. Likes Tool-Slinger liked this post.
  7. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Louisburg Kansas
    Posts
    4,381
    Post Likes
    Cal has a 2.3 trillion economy but if they are their own country they will not have enough electrical power to sustain it. They would not have an adequate source of drinking water.

  8. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    23,500
    Post Likes
    If California has such a great economy, then why is in debt almost 850 billion dollars?

  9. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    6,839
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Dude! Take it easy! I've got a house in Florida about 3' above sea level! <g>

    PHM
    -------
    Lol....mines a lot higher in Florida..lol

    Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

  10. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    27,713
    Post Likes
    No; they would still sentence you to the same 99 years - but you could perpetually wear the smug look of someone who has beaten-the-hangman as you would know that you would only have to serve ten years.

    PHM
    ---------




    me
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    Does that mean if your convicted of a serious crime, the most they will sentence you is 10 years, as it doesn't matter after that.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  11. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    10,614
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    No; they would still sentence you to the same 99 years - but you could perpetually wear the smug look of someone who has beaten-the-hangman as you would know that you would only have to serve ten years.

    PHM
    ---------

    Unless, of course, you wear your Undocumented Democrat costume to court. Then it's in & out, same day.

  12. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    960
    Post Likes
    Did anyone mention to this scientist.. That according to them (or what they were saying in the late seventies I believe) we are out of fossil fuels - we ran out around 2000. Also from the same era - we are sliding into another ice age. I remember that when in school in the late 70s.

    As for global warming - Yep - It has been warming up ever since the Ice age. Yes-- really -- how do you think all that ice melted.
    Now for the tricky part What caused the Ice age. The great flood it cooled the earth and started the Ice age. You don't believe this? I suppose you believe what the scientist have been feeding you. How many time can they be wrong and people still listen to them.

    "Beam me up Scotty - No intelligent life down here."
    There is only one truly right way to do something, but there are thousands of wrong ways to varying degrees to do it.
    So the question is: If you don't do it right, then how wrong is it going to be???

  13. Likes Tool-Slinger, davidj001 liked this post.
  14. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    27,713
    Post Likes
    Ahhhh . . . Good Point.

    Say; where do you Get one of those custumes anyway? <g>

    PHM
    ---------


    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Unless, of course, you wear your Undocumented Democrat costume to court. Then it's in & out, same day.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  15. #32
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    10,614
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Ahhhh . . . Good Point.

    Say; where do you Get one of those custumes anyway? <g>

    PHM
    ---------
    Not sure...but I hear they also have 'get out of jail free' cards.

  16. #33
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,408
    Post Likes
    Where do you think we get our water now?

    We've got plenty of water. Though we may be a bit shy of adequate water storage.


    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    Cal has a 2.3 trillion economy but if they are their own country they will not have enough electrical power to sustain it. They would not have an adequate source of drinking water.

  17. #34
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,408
    Post Likes
    Only 850 billion? Sounds like we're doing fantastic! For the sixth largest economy in the world.

    What is the debt of the five larger economies? I know the USA is around 20 trillion. The other four are probably in the trillions. Which makes us . . . Wait for it . . . WINNING !!

    LOL !!!


    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    If California has such a great economy, then why is in debt almost 850 billion dollars?

  18. Likes davidj001 liked this post.
  19. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Prata di Pordenone Italy
    Posts
    7,888
    Post Likes
    I thought the earth has been warming since the ice age
    Go Trump

  20. #36
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,408
    Post Likes
    There have been several ices ages. So at some point, the Earth will begin cooling again.


    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    I thought the earth has been warming since the ice age

  21. #37
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    10,614
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    There have been several ices ages. So at some point, the Earth will begin cooling again.
    And we'll all be out of work.

  22. Likes Tool-Slinger, davidj001 liked this post.
  23. #38
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,408
    Post Likes
    You could learn how to fix a heater.


    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    And we'll all be out of work.

  24. Likes Tool-Slinger, davidj001 liked this post.
  25. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    columbus, OH
    Posts
    7,049
    Post Likes
    You mean my Wooly mammoth pelt?

    Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

  26. #40
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,408
    Post Likes
    Is it broken?


    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    You mean my Wooly mammoth pelt?

    Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •