Post Likes

Basic Siemens Apogee Questions

Would anyone know what is the difference (and names of these devices) between the 'modern' white PCX controller and the older generations of Siemens devices listed below...

On the Apogee site the owner said all of these devices can talk to the head Apogee system, but they want to replace all of the oldest devices (Furthest pic below) even tho they can all talk the appogee head end. My assumption is that all of the older devices there is no direct part replacements even tho they may still work fine.

Would there by any other limitations of the oldest devices that they would want to rip out on an updated Apogee site? Can PPCL programming still be accessed from the main head end of the oldest device?

Name:  IMG_1492m2.JPG
Views: 854
Size:  45.3 KBATTACH=CONFIG]779751[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    First device is a PXC, second is a pre-apogee MEC and third is an MBC with a power open Processer (apogee).
    All devices are communicating P2 proprietary RS485 communications. MBC and MEC are obsolete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Siemens has a process call "Fast Forward" that can convert the older controllers to new controllers. Other than losing support and having a hard time finding replacement parts you can leave the controllers in place until you are ready. PPCL can be accessed from the program editor for those devices.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyTech View Post
    First device is a PXC, second is a pre-apogee MEC and third is an MBC with a power open Processer (apogee).
    All devices are communicating P2 proprietary RS485 communications. MBC and MEC are obsolete

Actually, the MEC is Apogee, not pre-Apogee. Look at the upper left corner.

Good stuffs, works well. Don't fix what isn't broken is my vote.

Ken

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chesehd View Post
    Actually, the MEC is Apogee, not pre-Apogee. Look at the upper left corner.

Good stuffs, works well. Don't fix what isn't broken is my vote.

Ken
    Pre-apogee is a term that refers to the firmware. It is pre-apogee

Post Likes
    Attached is a late 20th century network topology of "System 600 Apogee". There must be tons of that gear still keepin' things warm and cool...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes

Need HELP on communicating with Apogee Database

Hi Can anyone give me insight on what database is beingused in Apogee to register the alarms from Datapoints.
    Is there a way to push/copy these critical alarms to a SQL Database from Apogee server.
    We have done a similar function for Desigo which is using SQL DB, but not sure how to achieve this in APOGEE.
    I am trying to push these Alarms from Apogee to my FM Software which uses SQL DB and it can automate process of generating work order based on thse alarms.
    Apprecaite your help and thnx in advance

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VRAO View Post
    Hi Can anyone give me insight on what database is beingused in Apogee to register the alarms from Datapoints.
    Is there a way to push/copy these critical alarms to a SQL Database from Apogee server.
    We have done a similar function for Desigo which is using SQL DB, but not sure how to achieve this in APOGEE.
    I am trying to push these Alarms from Apogee to my FM Software which uses SQL DB and it can automate process of generating work order based on thse alarms.
    Apprecaite your help and thnx in advance
    Insight uses an Objectivity Database as opposed to a relational database. I used to know the company that sold the database to Siemens but haven't really looked at it in a while. Siemens sells a product called InfoCenter that can move data from the Objectivity database to SQL Server. The product is very expensive but is the only thing that Siemens offers. You could have alarm reports generated and emailed via csv file if you want to move data into and out of SQL databases but the actual retention of data isn't important.

Post Likes
    Hi NICK thnx for your immediate response.
    How different is APOGEE DB from Desigo Insight or Desigo CC ,,i remember we managed to write some queries to communicate to Desigo SQL DB and pull alarm details without any issue.
    But since i dont have any info on APogee wondering how i can achieve somethingg similar to pull alarm data directly without use of any other piece of sw or email extraction.

Post Likes
    Desigo CC uses a SQL backend for history, event and audit databases. I am not sure about Desigo Insight as that is a product that was sold outside of the United States and I did not have access to it. I would imagine that overall Insight and Desigo Insight are basically the same with a few minor changes to differentiate. I know that there are ways to pull data from Insight (Siemens does it) but I have never encountered a document on how it is done. In the Insight folder there should be an executable that allows you to browse the objectivity database they usually start with oo. Perhaps that can lead you to finding a way to pull the data.

Post Likes
    Hello,

I am new to this community. Having a hard time navigating around topics. I work with HVAC automation and I came accross PBO status point and trying to figure out what it is.

Also the following:

VACStatus - Guessing it's a fire status

FMO SSR - Probably a fail status

Thanks so much in advance.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayfee View Post
    Hello,

I am new to this community. Having a hard time navigating around topics. I work with HVAC automation and I came accross PBO status point and trying to figure out what it is.

Also the following:

VACStatus - Guessing it's a fire status

FMO SSR - Probably a fail status

Thanks so much in advance.
    What the??

I'm guessing the VACstatus is basically a software "building/floor ON" switch
    The DDC system... guilty until proven innocent

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Knife Switch View Post
    What the??

I'm guessing the VACstatus is basically a software "building/floor ON" switch
    So what does the ON status indicate? Btw I found this in AHU controller. And each AHU had their own.