Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Likes
    With this Bosch condenser, is there still a need for back up heat strips?
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    supposedly only operates down to 5 degree's so yes.

Post Likes
    I was hoping it was using the Mitsubishi Hyper heat technology. I think it includes a base pan heater.
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Post Likes
    On the 3 ton air handler - looking at the setup it appears there its a 5 speed ECM. However speeds 1 (low) and 2 (medium low) say "Reserved". Does that mean those speeds can't be used?

Post Likes
    I'm looking for a supplier in NE Indiana, but Bosch's website doesn't seem to list suppliers as far as I can tell.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes

Nice to Here - a Unit that Actually has Sensors - YEAH !

Quote Originally Posted by DOGBOY View Post
    I put 2 - 5 tons on existing AH's and the 3 ton I put in a mobile home with a new nordyn electric furnace.

the first 5 ton replaced a 5 ton that replaced a 2 ton. Yes that is right someone actually replace a 2 ton with a 5 ton and they had nothing but problems with the outdoor unit. I put a 5 ton Bosch on it and slowed the fan down to low. Guy says it works fantastic.

my 5 ton replaced a 3.5 ton that replaced (i believe due to duct work size) a 2.5 ton. My air handler is a goodman 4260 (3.5 - 5 ton) variable speed and I put in a Honeywell zone control (2 zones) I wired my unit as a 2 speed with the air flow for first stage at 680 cfm and 2nd stage somewhere around 950 cfm. I am now not running my whole house dehumidifier and humidity is staying between 48 and 52.

The 3 ton is on a trailer and the blower is set to medium high (4 speed PSC) which is for 2.5 -3 ton I think the cfm was 1310. I may drop it to medium low if humidity is too high.

I did not change any dip switches so they are running as shipped.
    I'm Especially Interested in the No Humidifier Set Up . .( When You Say Wired As 2 Speed ) Your Tricking the AC - Unit into 2 Stage for Zones ( Really Better Air Control ) Do I Have that Right - just trying to Understand - the Statement . . about the Honeywell Zone Control . . I have never done Zones Before - always straight Single Zone set up .. . . Thanks . .

Post Likes
    Just to Add - Germany & Euro Based Manufacturing - even If they Pull their Factory's over Here - Usually have all these Cut-Away Views . .
    Inside Internal Coatings Spec's and Details , Details , Details . . I have had several Bosch Appliances - Well Built -
    I Even Rebuilt a Head Unit on High End 3K Dishwasher - the Head Replacement part was like $115.00 not to Bad ..
    Got the Thing all apart and Found the Issue - $19 Bucks 1.5 hrs 2 Days Wait Time 4 Part to Arrive .. Hey they said couldn't be Done . . 2nd & 3rd Party Parts
    Usually can be Found . . Not Any of these Manufactures Built everything today ..

Post Likes
    installed one last month, easy hook-up, unit easy to transport, runs quiet. but a 19" wide air handler in a 21" wide world? no fan/accessories terminal for e.a.c or humidifier with fan "on" setting. condensing unit has cool -"batman" -swept wing propeller

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityAssure View Post
    I'm Especially Interested in the No Humidifier Set Up . .( When You Say Wired As 2 Speed ) Your Tricking the AC - Unit into 2 Stage for Zones ( Really Better Air Control ) Do I Have that Right - just trying to Understand - the Statement . . about the Honeywell Zone Control . . I have never done Zones Before - always straight Single Zone set up .. . . Thanks . .
    I could be mistaken... however this is what I think is being said:

Using the zone board and some 'custom' wiring...
    Accomplish 2 different indoor blower speeds; one lower speed when one zone is calling, then the other higher speed when both zones are calling.
    The outdoor unit will handle the need for cooling or heating BTU's all by itself.

Might take a little finagling with a relay or two or three... however it does not sound impossible.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

10. Likes DOGBOY liked this post
    Post Likes
    R E Michel and G W Berkheimer care carrying the system in Indiana.

Post Likes

Bosch

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    R E Michel and G W Berkheimer care carrying the system in Indiana.
    RE Michels carries it here in central PA.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I could be mistaken... however this is what I think is being said:

Using the zone board and some 'custom' wiring...
    Accomplish 2 different indoor blower speeds; one lower speed when one zone is calling, then the other higher speed when both zones are calling.
    The outdoor unit will handle the need for cooling or heating BTU's all by itself.

Might take a little finagling with a relay or two or three... however it does not sound impossible.
    Exactly. The Honeywell zone board has the option for 1 or 2 stage cooling. I selected 2 stage, It then gives you the option to have the t-stat or the # of zones to control the stages, I selected # of zones. So when one zone calls it is only calling for 1st stage, (my AH is variable speed so I wired it as 2 stage which is low air flow and high air flow) when the second zone calls it then increases the air flow since I now have 2 zones calling I get full heat or ac.

And yes this can be done with some simple rewiring and relays for any blower motor. All that would be needed is a 2 stage t-stat or a time delay on the second stage relay.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg2333 View Post
    I just went to a promotional seminar on Bosch's new air cooled heat pumps, and it looks like a pretty unique product. Our supplier hasn't even got them in stock yet, so I've yet to see one run. They say the inverter will work with ANY TXV coil, and needs no sensor or communication of any type with the indoor equipment - it modulates solely off of the suction temp and pressure. Lots of other cool unique features, but at this point I'm just looking for anyone who has actually installed one to get their take.
    Sounds like a pretty good idea only time will tell i’m sure. Pretty anxious to see one myself I’ve heard about it a little bit but haven’t seen it in the field yet.
    ---------------
    Steve
    Faith Heating & Cooling Chicago

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast