Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

BOILER EXPLOS I ON SAINT LOUIS,MO

http://www.kmov.com/story/35059928/s...ulard-released

A one ton piece blew out landed on a building next store killing two, three dead

Post Likes
    That's awful. I wonder what happened.

Post Likes
    plug in the relief valve .

Post Likes
    Horrible tradgedy . ! High pressure steam no doubt. Wonder if it was a dry fire situation or a fire side mishap ? Just horrific!

Post Likes
    Wow

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    How often does this happen? I think its the 2nd or 3rd I read about the past 2 weeks? I'm not sure I'd want to work on those..like ever. You make a mistake on AC.. People may not be cooled, but a boiler... You'll take out a building.

Post Likes
    Wet heads are gonna be slammed for a month with boiler PMs.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    tragic, what process equipment would be needed at a box factory?. cant imagine this was for comfort heat
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Post Likes
    I feel very sorry for those poor people that died. They probably had no idea the boiler was defective and they just came to their new job and now they cannot ever return home.

I'll bet it was either a bad safety relief, or poor water treatment erroded the hull of the boiler. We had a boiler explode in Seattle about 25 years ago that blew for the same reason.

Post Likes
    I think they're usually caused by some well intentioned maintenance guy who figures out a way to "fix" some kind of safety device that keeps tripping.

Those big boilers can be some scary bastards, that's for sure.
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes
    I'd really like to know what they come up with as a cause for this. I've never worked on anything that size, although it has always interested me. BUT when things of that size go south it happens in a big way. Dose anyone know of the age of the boiler etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/3-dea...lard/428002844

More detail above. System wasn't that old as far as boilers go - late 90's or early 2000. I think they are trying to say it was the heat exchanger that went flying through the air and I imagine that would make sense. The hottest part of the boiler suddenly rupturing and all that steam trying to escape in an instant. Lesser components would fly apart; only the most solid would survive and become rockets - like the steel pipe that went thru a windshield a block away.

Scary stuff. I can't imagine being the family of the two killed on their first day with the company, but I hope the money helps. The company also had a fairly substantial record of safety violations.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    we had a close call locally about 10 years ago, maintenance man at a high school came in to find an empty boiler dry firing and hot as hell. he was just reaching to open the fill valve bypass when another guy came into the boiler room and screamed at him to stop. it was a high pressure steam boiler
    you will attract more flies with honey than with vinegar, but you can attract the most with a dead cat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast