Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Yeah, pretty sure all the ultra-low temp mini splits are using some form of liquid injection at those low temps. I work with a lot of the Mitsubishi and they do just fine in low low temps, assuming they're not undercharged.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Gentlemen thank you for the information

Post Likes
    That's not necessarily true, the hyper heat M series by Mitsubishi guarantees indoor comfort with an ancient temperature of -14 degrees fahrenheit

Post Likes
    Which is minus 25c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Install minis. Add baseboard heaters or so type of backup heat. Minis heat press well to zero

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    Thank you. There is no water in the sleeping rooms so nothing to freeze. Typically the heat is left off in sleeping rooms until occupied. I have seen the temperatures in these rooms drop to where you can see your breath (so 40"s). The floor below the sleeping rooms and the adjacent shower rooms are heated via 3 LP gas furnaces plus one LP gas fireplace. So there is other heat in the building but not directly connected to the sleeping rooms.

They lost power one winter and had some freeze damage. Since that time a Cat Motor/Generator set has been added to prevent that problem again. What I did not want to have happen is to install a mini-split heat pump and in the winter could not keep the sleeping rooms above 50F or 60F. They have been given a Mitsubishi unit (MSZ-GL09NA, 9000 cooling, 11000 heating) and asked if I would install it to see how well it works. I just question waiting until Decemebr to prove or disprove there is adequate heating

Thanks Again
    So you said upper mid West. Where are we talking? In the Dakotas? It can get pretty cold there for long periods of time.

That being said; Daikin, Mitsubishi, LG, Fujitsu all have low ambient units. All of them capable of operating to around -15 deg Fahrenheit before they start to drop capacity rapidly. But they will STILL operate and try to heat. Definitely keep the units on a wall hanger at least 24" off the ground if not more (depending on annual snow fall).

The beauty of mini splits is that they modulate. Daikin units modulate from as low as +/- 25% to +/- 120% capacity. Thus, giving us the ability to slightly over size the system to achieve higher capacity at extreme outdoor ambient temps without short cycling through the summer months resulting in the "cold clammy" feeling.

If you haven't begun working with them, I highly suggest you find a brand you like and add it to your tool box/ list of services. I don't know about everyone else on this forum. But we have a 100% satisfaction rate with EVERY mini split install.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Remember there's a huge difference maintaining say70*F as opposed to getting there from much lower temps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12