+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NU-22 replacement for R-22 systems

Post Likes
    Mixing an alternative and R-22 will cool OK. The real problem is that it changes diagnostic reading...SH and SC sat temps, etc are no longer valid because you've created a new blend.

2. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    Yeah, that's funny. All the r-4xx refrigerants are... wait for it... mixes of other stuff! Follow the money. I don't mix because of the "rule." "Puron", "Freon" and such protected names. Anytime you have to turn a bottle upside down its a mix, a "protected" mix.
    Good to see you rc.

Post Likes
    Came back with a attitude 😆

5. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Good to see you rc.
    Hey vin, thanks!

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Came back with a attitude ��
    Never left without it! haha

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

Post Likes
    Where you been ?
    You know you can check out anytime
    But you can never leave 😲

9. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Good to see you rc.
    Damn, vin, I just noticed you moved up in the world! Up in the clouds with mikey and such! lol

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Where you been ?
    You know you can check out anytime
    But you can never leave ��
    I worked hard and got hard bans at twat and fb! After my cousin un-friended me after the 2016 election, I thought, what's to lose?

So I haunt g a b and p a t r i o t and t e l e g r a m for repartee and kindred souls!

I have to step over to channel 13 some time!

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Post Likes
    Last year I was standing in line at a local supply house a guy said he's owns an HVAC business says he does this all the time with systems low on 22 with Nu-22 (422B). "It's a Drop In!" - he says.

We told him you're suppose to Covert, and replace the filter drier(s). Drop In Doesn't mean Drop In. Over time it can mess up the compressor if they are mixed.

Some Rules:

Nu-22 (422B) Use for only replacing R-22 on an existing system where old compressor is still good. Will adapt to Mineral, ALKB, or POE. Need to Convert by Flushing out system, replace filter driers and charge up with new Freon

407C: Use on replacement compressor listed with R22/407C that uses POE oil. (Will be closest to R-22) Need to Convert by Flushing out system, replace filter driers and charge up with new Freon. - Or.. Use on a 407C ready replacement condenser.

Also I read with Nu-22, the TXV may act as undersized after new Freon is put it and may need to be replaced. Has anyone had expereince with that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in