Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range hood pipe size

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    In the absence of a state statute code or local ordinances the trier of fact (called "The Judge" ) will look to the most relevant national standard or code and apply it even if it wasn't voted into law locally. Hence The National Fuel Gas Code is just that. It is referenced in virtually every gas appliance mfrs. listed instructions.

So, while I'm still under the 2009 IRC in most of PA, about 10% of the some 1270 or so jurisdictions have "opted out" of the ICC codes choosing instead legally to keep some other model bldg. code (usually BOCA around here). So, I have to cross-reference both NFPA 54 NFGC and Ch. 24 of the IRC (residential section of IFGC) plus local ordinances AND the mfrs. listed instructions. Next month a few sections of the 2015 IRC will take effect so I'll have to comply with those where they apply.

I provide litigation support for losses due to combustion appliances so please consider our warnings. Peace.
    The great majority of my local town halls will tell me "we follow NYS 20xx" or "IPC/IFGC 20xx". The others who dont know or dont answer get the default of what book I have in my truck that my fingers pull out of the box. Yeah, probably hacky, but I know it's WAY better than what is already there.

Anything referenced by printed instructions will be installed to that code.

Post Likes
    Last edited by vin lashon; 03-28-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Post Likes
    After lengthy discussion with homeowner, and here resistance to ripping out any drywall, she is staying with her existing over the range microwave rated for fewer then 300 cfm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Sometimes not replacing what ain't broke is best

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12