Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Grumpy Tech Support

I am about fed up with most companies tech support and how they conduct themselves on a call. I'm tired of their poor helping attitude. If they hate their job so much then they should move on. Not every small business owner get's the chance to go to every class but we can influence what our customers buy. And some of those customers are big buyers. So just remember tech support I am calling you on behalf of a customer that bought your product. I am trying to repair your broken product with the least interruption to your customer's business. If you don't care about those two things alone I'll pass that onto my customers with recommendation for future purchases.

2. Likes Turtleman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Boom, you tell em Breeze!

I know what you mean, its like you calling them and trying to fix their equipment is the biggest inconvenience to their day.

Some are good but man, those bad ones really get to you.

Post Likes
    I had a grumpy one the other day who also had a bad connection. As soon as he answered he says he has a bad connection, he could barely hear anything I said. My cell signal was fine.
    I've gotten a little grumpy with tech support on occasion. I had Trane tech support on the phone and the guy didn't know what a human interface module was! It was very disappointing because usually Trane tech support is very good.

Post Likes
    My human interface mod tends to glitch a lot.....

6. Likes VanMan812 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Think about it. If tech support assumes you should know this then why am I calling?

Post Likes
    Haha I know, its retarded sometimes.

Sometimes they are helpful but sometimes I wish I could Matrix my way over there through the phone and speak to him face to face, perhaps then I could get a good, useful answer

Post Likes
    No offense, but maybe you should have your sheit together before you call tech support?

10. Likes jpb2, 2sac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    A few weeks back we got an Electrolux paninni clamshell grill in the shop (From Hobart- we are factory auth, they're not). So I call in to Electrolux to see the exact waranty date as it's not the usual Panera model, and the guy about goes ballistic. Will not tell me, an authorized factory trained tech, if it's covered for waranty service, goes off on a rant about how our service manager has access to some program that will tell him everything (Office staff have never heard of this, btw). I was just gobsmacked. Guess where Electrolux is on the Bozo-Recommends-List now?

12. Likes EjBreeze, Core_d liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    No offense, but maybe you should have your sheit together before you call tech support?
    Its not about having your sheit together, problem is calling them when you are out of ideas and wanting that inside scoop they have on the machine to help solve the problem.

Calling them asking them, my oven won't fire, what's the problem? I could understand they would get jacked up about it but when you call with results from numerous tests and they act like that, its annoying.

14. Likes EjBreeze liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I had a guy at Manitowoc ice that told me I should have read the manual before calling

I told him I did.

He then proceeded to tell me I must not have looked at page 163

I flip the book to page 163 and tell him it doesn't say anything helpful. He then said I have an outdated manual and should have read the latest version because that has the updated information.

So I apologized for not having an up to date book and asked for him to just tell me over the phone.

After all that he finally did help me out

16. Likes EjBreeze, sam95683 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I had to call Scotsman and they answered right away and the guy was very nice and really helpful and emailed me a nice troubleshooting guide.

So needless to say, if someone asks me what brand of ice machine to buy, I tell them Scotsman.

18. Likes hydra liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Your assuming I don't. And even if I didn't common courtesy goes along way. I treat my customers like I would want to be treated. First rule when your in business for yourself and one I have lived by for the last 32 years of business.

20. Likes ECtofix, Brewmaster101 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I think it is how things are presented. Everyone can have a bad day. Just as an example, last Sunday I emailed EWC on a zoning problem thinking I would get an answer the first thing Monday morning. I rec'd a reply that evening.
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast