+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deleting BACnet controllers from Delta Enteliweb

Post Likes

Deleting BACnet controllers from Delta Enteliweb

So I've just got my Delta system communicating with another much larger BACnet system, which is good as there are some points that I wanted to share between the two. What's bad is that all the BACnet controllers have appeared in Enteliweb, adding several thousand points to my point count and taking me over my license limit.
    My Delta rep wants to sell me a new license for a lot of money. I'm hoping rather than that, someone can advise me if
    1. I can delete all except one of the BACnet controllers from Enteliweb, just keeping the one I want to communicate with and get back under my license points limit.
    and
    2. Disable the automatic learn-in of new BACnet controllers to stop this happening again.

Many thanks for any help or assistance you can give me.

2. Likes MaxBurn liked this post.
    Post Likes
    hi,

If your using enteliweb version 4.3 or higher it is possible to filter out devices that you do not want to display on your system, but this is something that the Delta rep should do, it may be cost effective to pay them to upgrade your software if your not up to this version and do this rather than increase your licence point count.

Thanks

Post Likes
    About the BACnet Device Filter

Concept
    The BACnet Device Filter allows you to include or filter in a subset of BACnet I/O objects from all the I/O objects on the site. By using the BACnet Device Filter you can reduce the enteliWEB I/O count that determines the enteliWEB license requirements.

The BACnet Device Filter also allows you to include or filter in an entire site or one or more devices on a site.

When a site or a device is filtered in, then its I/O objects are included in the enteliWEB I/O count. The I/O objects for sites and devices that are not filtered in are not included in the enteliWEB I/O count.

The BACnet Device Filter is implemented at the BACnet stack level which has the advantage that it filters at the root level. Any enteliWEB feature and any client application, such as ODBC, that attaches to the filtered BACnet stack or to enteliWEB, benefits from the filtering without having to do any additional work.

From a user perspective, the site, devices and I/O objects are simply that are not filtered in are not presented on the enteliWEB user interface. It is virtually identical to the situation in which a user is a member of a group that is denied permission to view the excluded site, devices and I/O objects. Except, of course, when you use the BACnet Device Filter, the enteliWEB I/O count is affected.

Typical Use Cases
    Partners are often required to provide a front end for a Delta project that has low I/O point density but is attached to a much larger 3rd party BACnet network. In this case, customers are rightfully not willing to pay for an Enterprise license when they expect to manage only a handful of devices, not the entire BACnet network.

Many 3rd party manufacturers use generic BACnet firmware that comes with I/O points which are often either not used or are used as programming variables. When enteliWEB includes these points in the I/O count for the license, it puts partners at a pricing disadvantage, as they must purchase a larger license than should be required.

Features
    The BACnet Device Filter allows you to determine which points are included in the enteliWEB I/O count in the following ways.

by vendor ID

by site

by device range

by I/O ranges on one device or on a range of devices

by object type, for the following standard object types: AI, AO, BI, BO, MI, MO and LO

For other object types that do not contribute to the I/O count, use the enteliWEB permissions to manage user access.

Implementation Details
    You specify what the BACnet Device Filter does via a text file that contains filtering rules, in CSV format. Each line in the text file specifies a separate rule.

The rules specify what sites, devices and objects are filtered in or included in the I/O count. To exclude a device from the I/O count, you have to add rules to include all of the other devices. To exclude an object type from the I/O count, you have to add rules to include all of the other object types. And so on.

During the enteliWEB server startup, the rules are read and stored in BACnet Server memory.

When you edit the rules in the text file, you must restart the enteliWEB server for the changes take effect. When it processes a changed text file, the BACnet Server reinitializes descriptors for all sites known to enteliWEB .

When the text file exists but contains no rules then no sites, devices or IO objects are included in the enteliWEB IO count.

When the text file doesn't exist, no filtering takes place; all sites, devices and IO objects are included in the enteliWEB IO count.

The # character in a rule indicates that the subsequent information on the same line is a comment.

Events and alarms that pertain to a site, device or object that is excluded or filtered out by the BACnet Device Filter are also filtered out.

BACnet Device Filter Text File and Rules
    Location of Text File
    The BACnet Device Filter text file is located at C:\ProgramData\Delta Controls\BACnet Server\BACnetDeviceFilter.txt.

The ProgramData folder is, by default, a hidden Windows folder. To make it visible, follow either of these approaches:

Paste the file path C:\ProgramData\Delta Controls\BACnet Server into the Windows Explorer address bar

Configure Windows to show hidden files and folders as follows: Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> Hide Files or Folders -> Show hidden files, folders, and drives; then click OK.

Rule Field Definitions
    A rule consists of all of the fields in the following table, in the order shown, with each field terminated by a comma.

An optional comment may follow the fields, indicated by a # character.

The following table describes the fields used to define a filter rule.

Field Name

Description

Vendor ID

Specifies an ASHRAE-assigned vendor ID of devices to include in the I/O count

Set to * for all vendors.

Site Name

Specifies the site name, enclosed in quotation marks, of a site to include in the I/O count. Example: "Main Site"

The site name is considered to be all characters between the first and last quotation marks.

Set to "*" for all sites.

Lowest Device Number

Specifies the lowest device number in a range of devices to include

Set to Highest Device Number for 1 device.

Set to * or 0 for lowest device number.

Highest Device Number

Specifies the highest device number in a range of devices to include

Set to Lowest Device Number for 1 device.

Set to * or 4194303 for highest device number.

I/O Object Type

Specifies an object type to include

Must be one of AI, AO, BI, BO, MI, MO or LO.

I/O Object Type is case-sensitive, it must be specified in upper case.

Set to * to include all AI, AO, BI, BO, MI, MO and LO objects.

Set to NO IO to exclude all AI, AO, BI, BO, MI, MO and LO objects from the I/O count. NO IO must not be surrounded by quotation marks in the text file.

Lowest Object Instance

Specifies the lowest object instance in a range of object instances to include, for the corresponding I/O Object Type

Set to Highest Object Instance for 1 object instance.

Set to * or 0 for lowest object instance.

Highest Object Instance

Specifies the highest object instance in a range of object instances to include, for the corresponding I/O Object Type

Set to Lowest Object Instance for 1 object instance.

Set to * or 4194303 for highest object instance.

Examples of BACnet Device Filters
    Include Delta devices and virtual objects on enteliBRIDGE devices
    All objects on other vendor's devices are not visible

8,"*",*,*,*,*,*, # Include all Delta objects.
    402,"*",*,*,*,*,*, # Include all virtual objects on enteliBRIDGE
    Include all devices in specified ranges
    Devices outside the 2 ranges are not visible

*,"Main Site",100,1000,*,*,*, # Include all I/O objects for devices in the range 100 to 1000.
    *,"Main Site",90000,90999,*,*,*, # Include all I/O objects for devices in the range 90000 to 90999.
    Include specified object types and devices
    Objects types other than I/O objects in devices 4000 to 4999 are visible
    All objects on all other devices are not visible

*,"Main Site",100,1000,*,*,*, # Include all I/O objects for devices in the range 100 to 1000
    *,"Main Site",4000,4999,AI,1,16, # Include AI1 to AI16 for devices in the range 4000 to 4999
    *,"Main Site",4000,4999,BI,15,17, # Include BI15 to BI17 for devices in the range 4000 to 4999
    *,"Main Site",4000,4999,AO,1,8, # Include AO1 to AO8 for devices in the range 4000 to 4999
    *,"Main Site",4000,4999,BO,16,18, # Include BO16 to BO18 for devices in the range 4000 to 4999

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johncoo1974 View Post
    About the BACnet Device Filter

Concept
    The BACnet Device Filter allows you to include or filter in a subset of BACnet I/O objects from all the I/O objects on the site. By using the BACnet Device Filter you can reduce the enteliWEB I/O count that determines the enteliWEB license requirements.

The BACnet Device Filter also allows you to include or filter in an entire site or one or more devices on a site.

When a site or a device is filtered in, then its I/O objects are included in the enteliWEB I/O count. The I/O objects for sites and devices that are not filtered in are not included in the enteliWEB I/O count.

The BACnet Device Filter is implemented at the BACnet stack level which has the advantage that it filters at the root level. Any enteliWEB feature and any client application, such as ODBC, that attaches to the filtered BACnet stack or to enteliWEB, benefits from the filtering without having to do any additional work.

From a user perspective, the site, devices and I/O objects are simply that are not filtered in are not presented on the enteliWEB user interface. It is virtually identical to the situation in which a user is a member of a group that is denied permission to view the excluded site, devices and I/O objects. Except, of course, when you use the BACnet Device Filter, the enteliWEB I/O count is affected.

Typical Use Cases
    Partners are often required to provide a front end for a Delta project that has low I/O point density but is attached to a much larger 3rd party BACnet network. In this case, customers are rightfully not willing to pay for an Enterprise license when they expect to manage only a handful of devices, not the entire BACnet network.

Many 3rd party manufacturers use generic BACnet firmware that comes with I/O points which are often either not used or are used as programming variables. When enteliWEB includes these points in the I/O count for the license, it puts partners at a pricing disadvantage, as they must purchase a larger license than should be required.

Features
    The BACnet Device Filter allows you to determine which points are included in the enteliWEB I/O count in the following ways.

by vendor ID

by site

by device range

by I/O ranges on one device or on a range of devices

by object type, for the following standard object types: AI, AO, BI, BO, MI, MO and LO

For other object types that do not contribute to the I/O count, use the enteliWEB permissions to manage user access.

Implementation Details
    You specify what the BACnet Device Filter does via a text file that contains filtering rules, in CSV format. Each line in the text file specifies a separate rule.

The rules specify what sites, devices and objects are filtered in or included in the I/O count. To exclude a device from the I/O count, you have to add rules to include all of the other devices. To exclude an object type from the I/O count, you have to add rules to include all of the other object types. And so on.

During the enteliWEB server startup, the rules are read and stored in BACnet Server memory.

When you edit the rules in the text file, you must restart the enteliWEB server for the changes take effect. When it processes a changed text file, the BACnet Server reinitializes descriptors for all sites known to enteliWEB .

When the text file exists but contains no rules then no sites, devices or IO objects are included in the enteliWEB IO count.

When the text file doesn't exist, no filtering takes place; all sites, devices and IO objects are included in the enteliWEB IO count.

The # character in a rule indicates that the subsequent information on the same line is a comment.

Events and alarms that pertain to a site, device or object that is excluded or filtered out by the BACnet Device Filter are also filtered out.

BACnet Device Filter Text File and Rules
    Location of Text File
    The BACnet Device Filter text file is located at C:\ProgramData\Delta Controls\BACnet Server\BACnetDeviceFilter.txt.

The ProgramData folder is, by default, a hidden Windows folder. To make it visible, follow either of these approaches:

Paste the file path C:\ProgramData\Delta Controls\BACnet Server into the Windows Explorer address bar

Configure Windows to show hidden files and folders as follows: Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> Hide Files or Folders -> Show hidden files, folders, and drives; then click OK.

Rule Field Definitions
    A rule consists of all of the fields in the following table, in the order shown, with each field terminated by a comma.

An optional comment may follow the fields, indicated by a # character.

The following table describes the fields used to define a filter rule.

Field Name

Description

Vendor ID

Specifies an ASHRAE-assigned vendor ID of devices to include in the I/O count

Set to * for all vendors.

Site Name

Specifies the site name, enclosed in quotation marks, of a site to include in the I/O count. Example: "Main Site"

The site name is considered to be all characters between the first and last quotation marks.

Set to "*" for all sites.

Lowest Device Number

Specifies the lowest device number in a range of devices to include

Set to Highest Device Number for 1 device.

Set to * or 0 for lowest device number.

Highest Device Number

Specifies the highest device number in a range of devices to include

Set to Lowest Device Number for 1 device.

Set to * or 4194303 for highest device number.

I/O Object Type

Specifies an object type to include

Must be one of AI, AO, BI, BO, MI, MO or LO.

I/O Object Type is case-sensitive, it must be specified in upper case.

Set to * to include all AI, AO, BI, BO, MI, MO and LO objects.

Set to NO IO to exclude all AI, AO, BI, BO, MI, MO and LO objects from the I/O count. NO IO must not be surrounded by quotation marks in the text file.

Lowest Object Instance

Specifies the lowest object instance in a range of object instances to include, for the corresponding I/O Object Type

Set to Highest Object Instance for 1 object instance.

Set to * or 0 for lowest object instance.

Highest Object Instance

Specifies the highest object instance in a range of object instances to include, for the corresponding I/O Object Type

Set to Lowest Object Instance for 1 object instance.

Set to * or 4194303 for highest object instance.

Examples of BACnet Device Filters
    Include Delta devices and virtual objects on enteliBRIDGE devices
    All objects on other vendor's devices are not visible

8,"*",*,*,*,*,*, # Include all Delta objects.
    402,"*",*,*,*,*,*, # Include all virtual objects on enteliBRIDGE
    Include all devices in specified ranges
    Devices outside the 2 ranges are not visible

*,"Main Site",100,1000,*,*,*, # Include all I/O objects for devices in the range 100 to 1000.
    *,"Main Site",90000,90999,*,*,*, # Include all I/O objects for devices in the range 90000 to 90999.
    Include specified object types and devices
    Objects types other than I/O objects in devices 4000 to 4999 are visible
    All objects on all other devices are not visible

*,"Main Site",100,1000,*,*,*, # Include all I/O objects for devices in the range 100 to 1000
    *,"Main Site",4000,4999,AI,1,16, # Include AI1 to AI16 for devices in the range 4000 to 4999
    *,"Main Site",4000,4999,BI,15,17, # Include BI15 to BI17 for devices in the range 4000 to 4999
    *,"Main Site",4000,4999,AO,1,8, # Include AO1 to AO8 for devices in the range 4000 to 4999
    *,"Main Site",4000,4999,BO,16,18, # Include BO16 to BO18 for devices in the range 4000 to 4999
    Hi johncoo1974,

For some reason having some trouble implementing this BACnetDeviceFilter TXT file.

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Can you share the software? Thank you

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in