+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resetting JACE credentials via serial shell

Post Likes

Resetting JACE credentials via serial shell

Hey all. I know there's a way to reset the JACE credentials via serial shell, but I'm having a hard time finding how to do that. I see plenty of places that tell you that you CAN, just now how to do so. I'm able to see the IP of the LAN ports and have no problems communicating, but I don't know how to actually reset the credentials. Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Likes
    I doubt anyone will publish this information on a forum with public access, I would suggest that you contact your support channel to help you with this.

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    I think it's only the platform you can reset, not the station? Not sure on that, hope I'm wrong. Anyway on Jace6 and older my notes say serial connection 115200 baud 8N1. Just use Putty to connect. You do need a RS232 crossover cable to connect to the DB9 connector. Haven't had to deal with this on a Jace8 yet.

http://public.walterscontrols.net:81...ialShell-1.pdf

Post Likes
    Your local Niagara distributor/support channel should really be the one helping you with this, not a public forum.

Post Likes
    kl
    I have a JACE-6 question to piggyback on this post. If a JACE was communicating fine, but now only displays a small box in top left corner after Login, what do you think?

Thing was fine two or three days ago, now won't allow logons at JACE level or for Supervisor IP address.

Post Likes
    What are you trying to connect with? Workbench or Browser, if browser which browser and which version number?

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    You cannot reset platform credentials on a JACE8000 so if you lose these, you're screwed and have to factory reset JACE. As for the other jaces, you can only reset platform credentials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes MaxBurn liked this post.
    Post Likes
    there doesn't seem to be a menu item from serial shell to reset platform credentials back to factory default. Is there a secret command?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlPuffer View Post
    there doesn't seem to be a menu item from serial shell to reset platform credentials back to factory default. Is there a secret command?
    Are you referring to a JACE 8000? Is so, the option doesn't exist. You have to restore the JACE to factory settings. If you have station access, you can do a fox backup before hand.

Post Likes
    sorry, this is a jace 6 I'm referring to. I have tested it on 3.8 and don't find a specific item to reset platform credentials to factory default. Did this only work on earlier versions?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlPuffer View Post
    sorry, this is a jace 6 I'm referring to. I have tested it on 3.8 and don't find a specific item to reset platform credentials to factory default. Did this only work on earlier versions?
    I don’t think the version matters. It’s been a while since I have done it, but I seem to remember having to hit the escape key inside a short wondow during boot up, when prompted, to access the menu that lets you reset the platform credentials.

Post Likes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in