+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Copeland compressor in Waterfurnace ATV045

Post Likes

Copeland compressor in Waterfurnace ATV045

I need some professional input. The 2 stage Copeland CTH1-0275-CSV-280 compressor goes to ground. All I can find are newer, single stage Copeland compressors with the same part number. Can a newer single stage be used to replace my dead 2 stage? I feel like there would be an issue, but I would rather buy a new compressor than whole new unit.

I appreciate your feedback

Post Likes
    Copeland quit making that compressor some time ago, plus the refrigerant is R-22--HIGH DOLLARS. Your best bet is to contact your area WaterFurnace dealer and have a current vintage Series 5, or better Series 7 unit installed. The Series 5 is much more efficient than the ATV045 and the Series 7 is even better.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    What do you mean: "goes to ground" ?

So long as the system's controls are modified to only utilize full-capacity operation of the system - then: yes you can.

Who are you and how did you come to be doing this sort of work?

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Myers858 View Post
    I need some professional input. The 2 stage Copeland CTH1-0275-CSV-280 compressor goes to ground. All I can find are newer, single stage Copeland compressors with the same part number. Can a newer single stage be used to replace my dead 2 stage? I feel like there would be an issue, but I would rather buy a new compressor than whole new unit.

I appreciate your feedback
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lee View Post
    Copeland quit making that compressor some time ago, plus the refrigerant is R-22--HIGH DOLLARS. Your best bet is to contact your area WaterFurnace dealer and have a current vintage Series 5, or better Series 7 unit installed. The Series 5 is much more efficient than the ATV045 and the Series 7 is even better.

Thank you for replying. I ended up ordering a 5 series.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    What do you mean: "goes to ground" ?

So long as the system's controls are modified to only utilize full-capacity operation of the system - then: yes you can.

Who are you and how did you come to be doing this sort of work?

PHM
    --------
    Sorry, thats how my family has always said grounded/short circuit. I am not an HVAC professional, just a home owner. Thank you very much for your insight!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in