Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Due to ALC's proprietary color cache issue
    What's that? I assume it has got something to do with thermographics but why is that related to the router? are you saying the router/lgr stores them and HVACR router obviously would not know about that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    What's that? I assume it has got something to do with thermographics but why is that related to the router? are you saying the router/lgr stores them and HVACR router obviously would not know about that.
    Correct. This is related to the way they store color trends for historian. If you use a non ALC router you might notice that that floorplans color is a little slow, but it will work after it polls the modules under it. What won't work is time-lapse because that only works off of stored trends, which will be missing. Everything behind a third party router will show purple in time lapse on a floor plan. Equipment trends will work though so it isn't a big loss, just enough to be annoying.

Post Likes
    Intesis now too. Thing is all those carry BTL.
    And cost 3x as much. BTL also comes with annual fees to maintain.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Correct. This is related to the way they store color trends for historian. If you use a non ALC router
    Maybe that's a more interesting idea. RE some of this nonsense OEMs are putting into their specific routers and clone it in the BACrouter. Have similar pains with another that I suspect wouldn't take much to eliminate.

Post Likes
    I speculate they were going nuts with the "I am router to network #" broadcasts which is what I was seeing in the WebCTRL logs
    Has to be. ~24hrs later and its still painfully slow to respond via webpages, but alive. A total lockup is a fail still. Guess we are going to have to play with BS network packets streamed at it. The newer firmware may have fixed the total lockup far as I know.

Stats page roughly 24hrs later (took about 5 attempts to get to it). Its clocked in ~8M packets, which I assume is just the ones it actually processed on the front side. Sure as hell didn't respond to them all and it certainly wouldn't be possible to. Most of this traffic are largish RPMs.

Name:  BASRT-B2.png
Views: 195
Size:  38.2 KB

Post Likes
    Correct. This is related to the way they store color trends for historian. If you use a non ALC router you might notice that that floorplans color is a little slow, but it will work after it polls the modules under it. What won't work is time-lapse because that only works off of stored trends, which will be missing. Everything behind a third party router will show purple in time lapse on a floor plan. Equipment trends will work though so it isn't a big loss, just enough to be annoying.
    Are there detailed documents about how these colors works?
    Carrier CCN Modbus/BACnet gateway
    BACnet router for BIP, MS/TP, Ethernet
    http://www.hvacrcontrol.com/?lang=en

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lin View Post
    Are there detailed documents about how these colors works?
    I didn't realize we never answered this, but unfortunately no. It's a proprietary implementation as far as I can tell and it has origins in making floorplans populate quickly with colors for faster UI.

This is actually starting to cause problems with some of ALCs own non router modules that don't have a cache but yet can connect straight to IP. I've brought it up with the factory and I'm following the issue, maybe they will do something about it.

Post Likes
    Hello Guys,

So ive recently bought this router and I have connected a MSTP thermostat to it that I bought from bravocontrols.
    I have been having trouble configuring the router to detect the MSTP device from either Yabe or bacpypes python. I want to control and send commands to it from a raspberry pi. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards
    Sagar Jaiswal

Post Likes
    Please send me email.

lin
    Carrier CCN Modbus/BACnet gateway
    BACnet router for BIP, MS/TP, Ethernet
    http://www.hvacrcontrol.com/?lang=en

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sagar448 View Post
    Hello Guys,

So ive recently bought this router and I have connected a MSTP thermostat to it that I bought from bravocontrols.
    I have been having trouble configuring the router to detect the MSTP device from either Yabe or bacpypes python. I want to control and send commands to it from a raspberry pi. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards
    Sagar Jaiswal
    Did it come with the Wuhan Flue?
    Controls, the cause of... and solution to... all your HVAC problems.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by control$ View Post
    Did it come with the Wuhan Flue?
    If you do not have anything useful to say please do not waste everyone's time by writing crap on the thread. Thanks

Post Likes
    You mean YABE on ethernet can't discover the device on MS/TP under the router?

One thing I noticed is the newer routers don't seem to have any MS/TP LED activity for just passing the token, just the data. BUT your device likely has something, is is flashing?

Make sure baud rates match and the device ID's don't.

I generally like to turn on the BACnet device presence for the router, not on by default. Will let you know it's getting that far in YABE.

Post Likes
    You mean YABE on ethernet can't discover the device on MS/TP under the router?

One thing I noticed is the newer routers don't seem to have any MS/TP LED activity for just passing the token, just the data. BUT your device likely has something, is is flashing?

Make sure baud rates match and the device ID's don't.

I generally like to turn on the BACnet device presence for the router, not on by default. Will let you know it's getting that far in YABE.
    Thanks for your reply. So to clarify, if I turn on client mode in the router config, I can see it in Yabe under a UDP: 47808. What I cannot see is the device that I have connected to the router via MSTP.
    Unfortunately my device has nothing flashing, although I see one of the lights on the Router just a solid color (the RX for MSTP).
    Another problem is, the device did not come with a device ID so I do not know the device ID, but I have fixed the baud rate and the router was able to detect the local mac as 127.
    How would I turn on the bacnet device presence for the router?

Thanks for the help!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast