Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,661
    Post Likes

    York VSD coolant capacity

    Good morning guys, could any of you be able to give me the coolant capacity for the VSD on a York YKF? It's got a VSD503 on it. If memory serves me correctly, I want to say it's 1.5 gallons.
    Any help would be great! Thanks!

    Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,581
    Post Likes
    I think you're right Benny. I think it's more than one, but less than two gallons. Don't ever throw any away, JCI thinks there's gold in that stuff.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,661
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    I think you're right Benny. I think it's more than one, but less than two gallons. Don't ever throw any away, JCI thinks there's gold in that stuff.
    Thank you! I'm not going nuts! Drained, looked about 1.5 gal in the bucket. Filled it up with 1.5 gal and it's right to the top of the reservoir. There is still air in the lines, I can see. I know it'll go down when the pump fires up. I tried searching for it on the control panel but I couldn't find a way to manually turn the pump on... is there a way, other than jumping it out?

    Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,009
    Post Likes
    The only York's that can start the pump from the panel are the YMC2. Hopefully it will come on the YK's soon. There is a way ,I will not post on an open forum.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,661
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chev5372 View Post
    The only York's that can start the pump from the panel are the YMC2. Hopefully it will come on the YK's soon. There is a way ,I will not post on an open forum.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you and I understand about not posting things like that here.

    Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    27
    Post Likes
    Benny I sent you a email, explaining how to do it

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,661
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by slamman20 View Post
    Benny I sent you a email, explaining how to do it
    Much appreciated! Thank you!

    Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Somewhere making cold water
    Posts
    269
    Post Likes

    Lightbulb PM kits

    I keep this handy for when I can't recall how much a machine holds, inhibitor, oil, etc

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,661
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by WYLBEK View Post
    I keep this handy for when I can't recall how much a machine holds, inhibitor, oil, etc
    Wonderful! Thanks guys!

    Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR