Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    I misquoted you on my last post, I meant to quote your statement about not having your histories in the super.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeckham View Post
    What about just using an IFrame that points to the default History view builder in the Supervisor/Jace to be able to access your history imports in the Supervisor instead of putting your history extensions in the Supervisor... I know it will look jankey as hell, but at least you're not permanently subscribed to a gazillion naigara proxies. I dabbled with this a bit the other day on an Ax Jace with an Hx profile assigned to the user I was wanting some history views for. It works, but it looks like poo up against all the other pretty Envysion views...

I haven't tried to see if an IFrame will pass/convert a Wb view of the History builder into an HTML5 view...
    Drop a reports widget on your tree, you can then add a trend widget and pull it right from the histories container. You won't need the IFrame then

Post Likes
    What about just using an IFrame that points to the default History view builder in the Supervisor/Jace to be able to access your history imports in the Supervisor instead of putting your history extensions in the Supervisor... I know it will look jankey as hell, but at least you're not permanently subscribed to a gazillion naigara proxies. I dabbled with this a bit the other day on an Ax Jace with an Hx profile assigned to the user I was wanting some history views for. It works, but it looks like poo up against all the other pretty Envysion views...

I haven't tried to see if an IFrame will pass/convert a Wb view of the History builder into an HTML5 view...
    Drop a reports widget on your tree, you can then add a trend widget and pull it right from the histories container. You won't need the IFrame then

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fisha View Post
    My hope is that they make this happen, it makes more sense to have a distributed system architecture. Especially since the eclipse line supports intrinsic trending.
    True, but I'm ready to chalk all my hope for this stuff up into the wishful thinking column...

Post Likes
    Are you describing some attribute of expressEnvyision..? I'm not working with xE for what I'm attempting to do at the moment.

Email me a project that contains what you're describing if you're just using the design studio to accomplish this.

Post Likes
    Yes, I'm using expressENVYSION. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Post Likes
    Yes, I'm using expressENVYSION. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Dang it man... There's more crushed hope all over the floor again. Someone's gonna have to clean that up...

Post Likes
    Dang it man... There's more crushed hope all over the floor over here again. Someone's gonna have to clean that up...
    Lol...sorry...I gave up trying to use straight ENVYSION a while ago. I do some basic things like BQL queries for locked points and audit log and display them in ENVYSION but that's about it. IMHO xEnvysion is the way for dummies like me to go. Easy to deploy and looks great.

Post Likes
    Lol...sorry...I gave up trying to use straight ENVYSION a while ago. I do some basic things like BQL queries for locked points and audit log and display them in ENVYSION but that's about it. IMHO xEnvysion is the way for dummies like me to go. Easy to deploy and looks great.
    I don't really have much of an issue with creating the GUI within xpressEnvysion. I think there are some things that could be reworked or fixed, but for the most part it's manageable. My issue is the resource overhead of the expressEnvysion/ProjectAssist approach. If your company has been a DG customer for some time, you've probably got a good number of jobs out there that might reside on QNX platforms that you need to improve or fix for customers...

I'm slowly but surely picking up on how to use the full design studio, it's just going to take time...that's already in short supply.

Post Likes
    Either of you use N4 templates? If so how does the workflow compare in the dg world vs tbox to complete a job?

I went through the dg sales presentation. After asking a handful of questions it became clear that customizing their offerings was going to be a fair headache, as you describe. Nothing wrong with their model, but they sure want to gloss over the effort factor.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Either of you use N4 templates? If so how does the workflow compare in the dg world vs tbox to complete a job?

I went through the dl sales presentation. After asking a handful of questions it became clear that customizing their offerings was going to be a fair headache, as you describe.
    Our first N4 job is in the works, so I don't have very much exposure to it at the moment.

Since we are using Distech on this job, they have converted their Ax "productivity enhancing tools" into the N4 template scheme. So far, It seems like a rather convenient/reasonable approach... I think it may even prove itself more useful as we learn more about them and work to develop our own templates. I don't think its even fair to compare something like the N4 templates to DG, especially if you have already spent a lot of time in Ax. As long as N4 is handling HTML5 with reasonable success, I see no reason to get outside the box.

Post Likes
    I also don't know how N4 is handling an approach to responsive design, or if that's even something they have added to N4. I know I saw something once about vector images in Niagara, so maybe a responsive environment is possible..?

I messed around with mobile apps back in Ax3.7, but that was just for one particular customer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123