Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    yup, local 250. I was never union until now. I had tried, but it never worked out. There are about 55 in the controls side here. from wire pullers to programmers (about 15 in January 2017). The wire pullers are all union, 250 or another. Among the programmers, around 5 or 6 are union. Most are not.
    I asked to be union and it was a non issue.

Post Likes
    In my local we have 4 or 5 full time controls techs, now 2 year HVAC apprentices curriculum includes controls training, they start learning the idea behind a central control system from there they learn pneumatics and DDC, around here controls work is done predominant by non-union. In my local the few control brothers earn the same BTJ package as anyone else on the top wage tier, I hear other locals have a separate, lesser package for control guys.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    EMCOR up in LA is run very well. Down here SD not so much. I was trying to get transferred up there when I worked for them but I got laid off instead. You'll probably run into my cousin he's a Senior Project Manager for EMCOR up there.

Post Likes
    ABM Building Solutions - LA (Union), ABM Building Services - SD (Union). I believe there's many more Union Sigs in LA than in SD.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MechTech2013 View Post
    ABM Building Solutions - LA (Union), ABM Building Services - SD (Union). I believe there's many more Union Sigs in LA than in SD.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
    I didn't know ABM was union. But yes lots more union shops in LA. I know trane here in SD isn't union but just about everywhere else they are

Post Likes
    Correction:
    ABM Building Solutions - LA (Union), ABM Building Services - SD (non-union). I believe there's many more Union Sigs in LA than in SD.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
    ABM Building Solutions - LA (Union), ABM Building Services - SD (non-union). I believe there's many more Union Sigs in LA than in SD.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    I didn't know ABM was union. But yes lots more union shops in LA. I know trane here in SD isn't union but just about everywhere else they are
    ABM Building Solutions, keyword: Solutions = Union.
    ABM Building Services, keyword: Services = non-union.
    All of California Trane is non-union. SBA Trane is a Franchise, a Union one, but they don't count as Trane.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Correction:
    All of California Trane is non-union. SFBA Trane is a Franchise, a Union one, but they don't count as Trane.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
    All of California Trane is non-union. SFBA Trane is a Franchise, a Union one, but they don't count as Trane.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    I assume NSWC, the new Daikin Applied Authorized Service in Los Angeles & San Diego is non-union? Is this correct?

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    I assume NSWC, the new Daikin Applied Authorized Service in Los Angeles & San Diego is non-union? Is this correct?

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
    Yea climatec is non union. The only factory union shops in SD are Carrier and JCI.

For what trane charges youd think they'd be a union shop. I know they are over 250/hr

Post Likes
    Well, the Local should contemplate adding PTO to the Agreement & if necessary, to the Schedule A. I don't see any non-union Trane Branches becoming Union w/o any PTO.
    Here, where I'm at no PTO is a deal breaker for Trane, Daikin Applied, Hussmann, etc.
    Trane is non-union in to of the largest markets in the country.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Well, the Local should contemplate adding PTO to the Agreement & if necessary, to the Schedule A. I don't see any non-union Trane Branches becoming Union w/o any PTO.
    Here, where I'm at no PTO is a deal breaker for Trane, Daikin Applied, Hussmann, etc.
    Trane is non-union in to of the largest markets in the country.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro
    Here hussman is union. We have V&H which is kind of like PTO. Actually on the wage chart they call it PTO.

Post Likes
    I meant here. The Union's been having "blitzes" all throughout the country. Organizers & Recruiters had been here for the last two weeks. About 4 prospective new HVAC members showed up to the open-house today - that's right, four. The Union can't seem to appeal to people here in AZ.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast