+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flour Mill Packing Area Air Conditioning

Post Likes

Flour Mill Packing Area Air Conditioning

Hi All
    As my title suggest, I have an Air Conditioning requirement for Packing Area in a flour mill.

As the product is wheat, I cannot take return air as it will choke my filter and coil.
    So I have decided to have a fresh air AHU.
    My room is 10m X 13.5m X 6.8m Height.
    My ambient is 46°C and required inside temperature is 25°C.

How do I calculate Airflow of my AHU?
    Is it correct to estimate heatload in HAP with outside air requirement as 100% of supply air?

Post Likes
    Why just have a engineer design and spec the correct unit for you and not have any worries?
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

Post Likes
    Its a design & built job for me

Post Likes
    Talk to your refrigeration suppliers. They can probably set you on the correct path. Did not see a location, but in this area I'd be using evaporative cooling.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sree.s3 View Post
    Hi All
    As my title suggest, I have an Air Conditioning requirement for Packing Area in a flour mill.

As the product is wheat, I cannot take return air as it will choke my filter and coil.

Is it correct to estimate heatload in HAP with outside air requirement as 100% of supply air?
    Why not? Filter changes are still cheaper then electric.

I agree with buford, jobs like these require an engineer.................................

then we get to fix them later.

Post Likes
    I would bet it will be a very customized unit to deal with both the cooling load, humidity, and air filtering requirements. Not a place for a home made resi style equip.
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

Post Likes
    Oh, and the other "little" problem is that if you are recirculating flour dust, then the equipment must be explosion proof, so I'll change my vote to engineered. Ever seen a video of a flour mill exploding?

Post Likes
    Calculate airflow based on heat load. An engineer should really be involved for a situation like this. How will you be exhausting air from the space? I've had a customer with a similar situation, but it was milk powder. They weren't allowed to let milk powder escape the building.

Post Likes
    Hi All

Sir.we have the same current situation, as a plant refrigeration & air-con engineer I always encounter problems in flour mill bagging area because of the recirculating air with a huge flour dust coming into AHU, that's why I propose chiller unit(R404A), with no recirculating air, rather than fresh air intake (w/motor drive fans) to AHU to avoid fins choke & abnormalities in the system.

Is my design applicable in the current situation?I am new in this job assignment as a Mechanical Engineer in my 10yrs work experienced.

Post Likes

Applicable Air-con Design in Flour Mill Bagging

Hi All

Sir.we have the same current situation, as a plant refrigeration & air-con engineer I always encounter problems in flour mill bagging area because of the recirculating air with a huge flour dust coming into AHU, that's why I propose chiller unit(R404A), with no recirculating air, rather than fresh air intake (w/motor drive fans) to AHU to avoid fins choke & abnormalities in the system.

Is my design applicable in the current situation?I am new in this job assignment as a Mechanical Engineer in my 10yrs work experienced.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in