Thread: Dang Scotsman

Post Likes

Dang Scotsman

CU3030MA-32A. Customer says machine just stops. Never more than 1/2 full.
    I suspect the bin switch. Trouble is I don't know where it is hidden. I don't think it has
    the famous eyes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Post Likes
    Check the water level switch

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Isn't just a float switch?

Post Likes
    just checked out the service manual, looks like is has a curtain switch for bin level. similar to manitowoc.

Post Likes
    The unit works on a curtain switch unless it has a KVS (varismart) transducer. Is there a dial near the red and green buttons?

If not then I would suggest recalling errors. Instructions for that are right on the panel.

The curtain could also be getting stuck open check cube size look tinder if an articulated curtain is available for your model.

Post Likes
    Yeah, that's what I found

Post Likes
    Nope. No dial.

Post Likes
    All I got is scotsman.

Does it stop making ice or does the unit turn off completely? compressor shuts off? fan turns off? what exactly "just stops"

The way these beasts dectect if they are full is if the curtain that the ice drops from stays open for a certain amount of seconds. Its got a small white reed switch on the curtain lip facing you and a magnet opposed to it.

The water level is controlled by 3 pieces of metal, as they ground out through the water, the unit can tell if the sump is full or not.

Post Likes
    Read and understand the Control part of the manual
    Those machines are a PITA!

Post Likes
    Everything turns off. No error code. I haven't seen this myself. My best guess is that the ice isn't quite thick enough. This may be causing a cube to hold the curtain open till the ice melts. When that happens everything starts to work as it should till next time.

Post Likes
    Like the mani that's it

Post Likes
    It could be, thickness is controlled by a piece of metal on a hinged piece of plastic, if its all scaled up or whatever it might be, that could cause it to not sense that the ice is ready to be harvested.

They normally will give you an error code on if its too long of a harvest or whatever else.

Sounds like it might be thinking its doing good but its not, I think the only time it shuts off like that is when the bin curtain stays open indicating its done doing its deed.

Post Likes
    Try pulling error codes. Control board stores the last 10 errors. If there are no error codes stored could be a faulty curtain switch, or a small piece of ice is keeping curtain open until it melts.