Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    [QUOTE=chesehd;25759263]Schneider Electric has moved their I/Net systems to their new BMS platform: SmartStruxure. It is able to operate on the newest Windows operating systems.

You are (or was, I changed companies several years ago so I'm behind the times BUT will make some reasonable inferences) able to use your existing controls with the new system. However, if your 7798B and/or CLX card have ceased to be operational you may be able to have it serviced for a few more years. That is assuming parts are still available to repair the devices.

If you were operating a computer running Windows 2000 then your installation is probably around 20 years old. I know the MR's and PCU's were built to last almost forever but technologies change and parts cease to be available or become prohibitively difficult to obtain. It may be in your better interest to look in to option of upgrading your BMS to a system designed and built in this century.

As to who would be experts on upgrading, that will depend on your location. Best answer: your local Schneider Electric dealer. I liked their products (I have installed and serviced several of their products over the years) and when installed and configured correctly, they were great. Unfortunately SE has discontinued the sales of I/Net for several years now and experienced technicians with the product line are dwindling. I would strongly recommend shopping around in your local market to get several quotes from multiple vendors. Ask for references and actually contact some of them, ask for the good and the bad of working with each organization. Staying with the SE upgrade may or may not be your best bet but if they know you're asking for multiple quotes they will be much less likely to gouge you on their price.

Good luck!
    [QUOTE=chesehd;25759263]

Hi Ken,
    Thank you for the advice.
    I bought this house last year and it has this full BMS installed in 1999. Nobody has ever touch it since then.
    It is slowing going down.

I am based out of NJ and I am residential customer. I am looking for someone who can do a side job for me. I don't think SE will have any interest in fixing my setup.
    And even if they do they charge me an arm and a leg.
    Do you have or know anybody in NJ that you would recommend.

My email is irfanlateefus@gmail.com if want to contact me privately.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGeek View Post
    Was wondering if you got this test bench up and going? If so any luck? I do have a gateway to have the Inet system talk to just about any other system. It works great to migrate an older system over to a newer BACnet or what you prefer as time or funds are available. Its a really easy and allows you to basically gave different or multiple system up and it does not lock you in to using parts from one manufacturer. You can use parts from whom ever you prefer. So, I was wondering if you have had any success with you test bench.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    TechGeek can I contact you directly about your gateway? I have a customer that needs to integrate INET into N4

Post Likes

We

Quote Originally Posted by qrbpsm11 View Post
    TechGeek can I contact you directly about your gateway? I have a customer that needs to integrate INET into N4
    Please email me at irfanlateefus@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12