Post Likes

Changing a Bacnet point from read only

Hi,
    We are integrating two new Carrier 48n with OPN-UPC Bacnet cards into a Jace 6 running 3.6.31.
    I'm having trouble changing the points from Read only to read/write. I can discover the point, add it to the database and ensure that it is enable. I can't get the points into the database as writeable. Is there something that I'm missing or is it a switch in the OPN-UPC board that needs to be changed?

Thank you in advance

tgwolf

Post Likes
    Read/write functionality is set within the UPC program itself. It's not something you can change via an integration.

Is there another, similar point with r/w capability in the points list (if you have it)?

Post Likes
    did you change from numeric to "numeric writable" when discovering on the jace? did it indicate write access denied when attempting to do a set-point action etc?

4. Likes tgwolf, Ricky441 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by roverXE View Post
    did you change from numeric to "numeric writable" when discovering on the jace? did it indicate write access denied when attempting to do a set-point action etc?
    Thanks roverXE,
    That did the trick. I must have looked at that hundred times. I need more practice

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Make sure you're looking at the right point. As loopypid said, if it's a read only point you're not going to be able to write to it.
    Do you have the BACnet point list? It will tell you if it's read only or r/w.
    Otherwise, let me know the point name and I'll look it up for you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bacnet>CCN View Post
    Make sure you're looking at the right point. As loopypid said, if it's a read only point you're not going to be able to write to it.
    Yes we have the operational manual and I downloaded the points list from HVAC Partners. I was having problems trying to write to duct static "sa_static_stpt_1".

Post Likes

9. Likes loopypid, tgwolf liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thank you all for the help and support.

11. Likes loopypid liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Have another question. Does the rmtin_1 point (BV81) need to be enable in the equipment before I can write to it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwolf View Post
    Hi,
    We are integrating two new Carrier 48n with OPN-UPC Bacnet cards into a Jace 6 running 3.6.31.
    I'm having trouble changing the points from Read only to read/write. I can discover the point, add it to the database and ensure that it is enable. I can't get the points into the database as writeable. Is there something that I'm missing or is it a switch in the OPN-UPC board that needs to be changed?

Thank you in advance

tgwolf
    carriers are very finicky in my experience usually give it a S/S and a setpoint and let them do as they please. If the carrier card isn't letting you write to it it is gonna be a setting on the carrier unit that enables it to be a read/write instead of just read

Post Likes
    The remote input state (BV:81) is a writable point by default, but you'll need to have the remote switch configuration point setup as well, if it's not.

Thru the comfort link - Unit-RM.CF is the setting for remote input.
    0 = No remote sw
    1 = Occ/Unocc sw
    2 = start/stop
    3 = override sw

It's defaulted to 0, and I don't think it's a BACnet mapped point. If it needs to be changed it has to be done thru the comfort link scrolling marquee.

15. Likes loopypid liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The remote input state (BV:81) is a writable point by default, but you'll need to have the remote switch configuration point setup as well, if it's not.

Thru the comfort link - Unit-RM.CF is the setting for remote input.
    0 = No remote sw
    1 = Occ/Unocc sw
    2 = start/stop
    3 = override sw

It's defaulted to 0, and I don't think it's a BACnet mapped point. If it needs to be changed it has to be done thru the comfort link scrolling marquee.
    Thank you. I will be out doing this Friday morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chos View Post
    carriers are very finicky in my experience usually give it a S/S and a setpoint and let them do as they please. If the carrier card isn't letting you write to it it is gonna be a setting on the carrier unit that enables it to be a read/write instead of just read
    Thanks for the reply. We are planning on just giving a S/ S and letting them do their thing. We have two of these units and we had to link the VFD's together via AI/AO so they would run at the same speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk