Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 709 View Post
    took the opportunity to start writing negative comments about a company. Have you ever used their products and made first-hand experience?
    Call it as I see it. Just yesterday I was on a site with a half dozen or more Loytec Lon/IP routers and working next to our tech with their lon nic and have one myself. So I guess, put me down as first-hand experience.

Simply pointing out while this thread sits ignored for days, an employee is posting at nauseum on what an application expert they are. I guess if that's what Loytec calls good product support, we have differing ideas of good support.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Call it as I see it. Just yesterday I was on a site with a half dozen or more Loytec Lon/IP routers and working next to our tech with their lon nic and have one myself. So I guess, put me down as first-hand experience.

Simply pointing out while this thread sits ignored for days, an employee is posting at nauseum on what an application expert they are. I guess if that's what Loytec calls good product support, we have differing ideas of good support.
    First, there was an extremely knowledgeable BACnet guy responding. Already the poster is in "good hands" here on this site. I think already asking the correct questions.

It is my viewpoint Loytec people end up providing all sorts of JACE support for routing issues both LON and BACnet. For many it is starting to remind me of dealing with some COM5 Trane guys (didn't know it was LON). Sometimes its better to let things ride as its easy call or email their support to get answers. Plus, if anyone looks at the website, the product tools, manuals and datasheets are on the website including firmware updates for free. Anyone can see the router has extensive documentation and network analysis to find things. Even a web server onboard to check all settings. Where is the open Wireshark capability in the JACE to simply find the issue? Doesn't have anything. Here the thread starter can even create a capture file and send it for help. JACE? Nothing. Already the customer is not ignored because they aren't "on their own" to collect meaningful diagnostic information for the product. He will know about what is going on with a LOYTEC device and then deal with the potential "black hole" on the other side of the equation because of seeing packet data.

Sometimes when you buy something new its good to check everything on the device and familiarize yourself with what it has so when on a job site you can remember where to look for things.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 709 View Post
    I was wrong. ...
    Write this one down with the time and date. But, I'll take that is a feature option that some vendors would really like to have available to them.

Post Likes
    OK, so you worked with the L-IP LON routers and with Lon NICs. Did you make bad experience with that or did you like them?
    Did you also work with BACnet L-IP routers - which was what the thread starter question was dealing with?

When I expect support from a company for a product that I purchased from them, then I would directly contact support and not post questions in a public forum and hope that an employee of the company randomly passes by and responds. IMHO you can only make a statement about the quality of product support when you directly deal with the support. So it seems that we really have different ideas of good support.

Post Likes
    Man I get a chuckle when things on these forums turn personal. Like 709 says this an open forum free for anyone to post a question. I've always wondered if someone thinks my original post was silly, dumb, or just plain wacko. Why waste one second of your time responding?? It wouldn't hurt my feelings if I just got crickets!! I was 99.9% sure when it was described as a repeater only that was incorrect. Because of some testing a fellow employee had done on their 4 port model, and some test's I had done in the field. Given that fact personal time was spent in responding I wanted remain humble and always open to the idea this could be my fault. Regarding sales and tech support on this device my first attempt buying direct was a quote sent with the wrong part number. I then corrected the mistake, and another day for the response with the correct quote. I found out I could buy it cheaper through a 3rd party vendor than direct?? So that's how it was purchased. I made one attempt at calling tech support got voicemail saying nobody was available never called again. Yes, I know how to capture the wireshark data. Did I do it in this case?? No!! Sorry I apologize for posting a question on a completely open talk forum. LOL!! Again feel free to not waste your time responding to my incompetent posts. You really won't hurt my feelings. Trust me I have two teenage daughters my feelings are really battle tested.

Post Likes
    Are control trend's still taking nominations for support person of the year?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    Man I get a chuckle when things on these forums turn personal. Like 709 says this an open forum free for anyone to post a question. I've always wondered if someone thinks my original post was silly, dumb, or just plain wacko. Why waste one second of your time responding?? It wouldn't hurt my feelings if I just got crickets!! I was 99.9% sure when it was described as a repeater only that was incorrect. Because of some testing a fellow employee had done on their 4 port model, and some test's I had done in the field. Given that fact personal time was spent in responding I wanted remain humble and always open to the idea this could be my fault. Regarding sales and tech support on this device my first attempt buying direct was a quote sent with the wrong part number. I then corrected the mistake, and another day for the response with the correct quote. I found out I could buy it cheaper through a 3rd party vendor than direct?? So that's how it was purchased. I made one attempt at calling tech support got voicemail saying nobody was available never called again. Yes, I know how to capture the wireshark data. Did I do it in this case?? No!! Sorry I apologize for posting a question on a completely open talk forum. LOL!! Again feel free to not waste your time responding to my incompetent posts. You really won't hurt my feelings. Trust me I have two teenage daughters my feelings are really battle tested.
    It seems to me your experience is strange all around and I don't find what you want support on to be bad questions. There is settings on the web server for every port. That you got one port going seems to leave the door open the problem is not the router, but on the web page of the device you can assign each "port" accordingly. Next, you can see on the statistics page what is talking on each MSTP and then if that is all OK I'd go with the Wireshark capture and email it to support stating the issue. They should respond quickly. The device allows you to capture the data and download a file(s), or open a port on the device and capture data live. Therefore, you can run that and do a discover on your other hardware and see what it is requesting and who is responding.

8. Likes crab master liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Are control trend's still taking nominations for support person of the year?
    With most of your posts, I think Control Trends needs a new category, and I'm guessing you can figure out something similar to what I'm thinking.

Post Likes
    My favorite line of this entire thread was from kontrolphreak: "I'm sure BetterDuck and Orion will be along shortly to lend their expertise."

11. Likes crab master liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterDuck View Post
    It seems to me your experience is strange all around and I don't find what you want support on to be bad questions. There is settings on the web server for every port. That you got one port going seems to leave the door open the problem is not the router, but on the web page of the device you can assign each "port" accordingly. Next, you can see on the statistics page what is talking on each MSTP and then if that is all OK I'd go with the Wireshark capture and email it to support stating the issue. They should respond quickly. The device allows you to capture the data and download a file(s), or open a port on the device and capture data live. Therefore, you can run that and do a discover on your other hardware and see what it is requesting and who is responding.
    The router was setup via the webpage both ports configured and everything works great. All controllers discovered first time, proxyed points all looking good!! The one issue peer to peer from one network to the other. That little handy link mark button in the Jace fixed that problem in a hurry. So the original post wasn't hoping some loytec employee would jump in a help. To be honest not sure on this site who that even is?? Really don't care. It was just a curious question, and will it stop me from buying a loytec product again? Nope!! I like the mounting, the display is great, and price seems competitive. Some of these replies?? About control trends support people?? I really don't know what the heck I'm reading about? I guess it's former disagreements living on via my post?? For whatever reason it's just odd.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    About control trends support people?? I really don't know what the heck
    Its up there with the grammy's, oscar's or golden globe awards but for controls!

http://controltrends.org/controltren...ghlight-video/

Its a router, shouldn't be a problem to send peer 2 peer messages across it, but i would have done the same given the other options available.

Post Likes
    I'm glad you found the issue. Normally my MO on LOYTEC is to check the stats page, make sure all the tokens are OK and then I know MSTP's are good. Then, work upwards and then either do a Wireshark capture or better yet open up the port for a live capture while scanning with Device X. This usually uncovers a lot. If it is already a running system then usually run wireshark and override some points specifically to see what's happening. If you dig into it, you will see all sorts of little things you can do such as update firmware from the webpage and even checkout backup/restore. Good to do when you walk away and the next guy messes things up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12