Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie Reviews

Post Likes

Movie Reviews

Movies I have seen recently and my ratings.
    Hacksaw ridge - 5 stars
    Moana - 5 stars
    Logan - 2.5
    Fist Fight - 4
    Sing - 4.5
    Trolls - 4.5
    Beauty and the Beast - 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Movie "The Wall". It's kind of weird. War movie in Iraq where most of the dialog is between this raghead sniper guy and an American solider. If you like a movie where the bad guy wins, this is the movie for you! Movie was done by Amazon Movies, and really it seems like a low budget film. Not really very much action. I'm torn between giving it 2 stars or 3, so I will give it 2.5 out of 5 stars.
    No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. -- Charles Dickens

Post Likes
    As long as we are talking movies...

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is, IMO, a must see!

If you did not see the first one... you need to see it first... or the second will take a bit of mental catching up.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Yeah...

From what I have heard and read... the movie is outstanding (Hacksaw Ridge).

However...
    IMO the idea of a conscious o

bjector being a hero is kinda a paradox...
    And IMO it presents a scenario where it is socially acceptable to take a rather strange view on right and wrong...
    And we know Hollywood is all about attempting to influence thinking... they are successful with it also.

IMO a war movie needs to be win the war... period!
    Notable about the director Mel Gibson, is both a Christian and a Conservative. Took a lot of balls to make a movie like that when Hollywood and the media is against you at every turn. I will forever be a Mel Gibson fan for that reason.

5. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bhahvac View Post
    Notable about the director Mel Gibson, is both a Christian and a Conservative. Took a lot of balls to make a movie like that when Hollywood and the media is against you at every turn. I will forever be a Mel Gibson fan for that reason.
    IMO... Mel Gibson is one of those guys that has the gonads to not be a follower...

It is a dangerous road... unless one has the gonads to walk it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Black Panther.... lame
    Hacksaw Ridge....very good
    Guardians Of the Galaxy..... great
    Deadpool and Deadpool 2....best evers
    and just because....watch all of Red vers Blue by Rooster Teeth
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Post Likes
    Wait for the DVD:

Hollywood once again reveals its distaste for America
    The just released new Hollywood movie detailing the life of Neil Armstrong, First Man, has so far gotten rave reviews.

Sadly, however, there is one detail about the Apollo 11 mission that the filmmakers decided they couldn’t include, even though it was in many ways the entire point of the mission. They made a conscious decision to exclude any mention of the planting of the American flag on the surface of the Moon.
    Star Ryan Gosling, who plays Armstrong, defended director Damien Chazelle’s decision to omit the star-spangled moment when asked about it in Venice. “I think this was widely regarded in the end as a human achievement [and] that’s how we chose to view it, ” Gosling said per the Telegraph. “I also think Neil was extremely humble, as were many of these astronauts, and time and time again he deferred the focus from himself to the 400,000 people who made the mission possible.”

The Canadian actor added that based on his own interviews with Armstrong’s family and friends, he doesn’t believe the pioneering astronaut considered himself an American hero. “I don’t think that Neil viewed himself as an American hero,” Gosling said. From my interviews with his family and people that knew him, it was quite the opposite. And we wanted the film to reflect Neil.”

This is bunk. All the astronauts who flew to the Moon were very aware that they were warriors in the Cold War against the Soviet Union and communism, and did it very consciously so that the U.S. could win that space race, for the U.S. Planting the flag was thus for them a very important aspect of the mission, maybe in many ways the most important.

That these Hollywood filmmakers purposely excluded that moment....

https://behindtheblack.com/behind-th...e-for-america/
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    I know this isn't appropriate but I just usually wait for a week or two for a clear copy of the movie on the social media unless it is a film that I look forward too. Is there anyone here who have already seen Venom? Is it worth a couple of bucks to watch on the big screen?

Post Likes
    Now, you did it, Kevin bacon will be looking for you! lol

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    More on First Man:

Armstrong filmmakers purposely obscured American flag
    https://behindtheblack.com/behind-th...american-flag/
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    What about HVAC techs, huh, huh, are we chopped liver?

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    The last movie that I watched is "Mortal Engine", the first 30 minutes and the last 15 minutes are the best. The rest of the film is a combination of drama and action. I will give it a 4/5 star.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast