Thread: Newb Ax Px questions

Post Likes

Newb Ax Px questions

Doing some graphics on my first Niagara system and have some basic questions. This is a carrier CCN integration.

Number Formatting
    It took me a while to remember format change %.% to %out.value% to just get the number without the {ok}@#. Can I somehow strip the extra two decimal places? eg; damper position comes in as 20.00 which is a bit much.

For a setpoint, is there a way I can make the number appear on the graphic and be editable on the graphic? Have that change somehow go straight to priority 16 in the property sheet?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Number Formatting
    It took me a while to remember format change %.% to %out.value% to just get the number without the {ok}@#. Can I somehow strip the extra two decimal places? eg; damper position comes in as 20.00 which is a bit much.
    Edit the facets under that point. Add a new facet, set to precision and set the number of decimals you want to display. Batch editor can do this in mass as well.

For a setpoint, is there a way I can make the number appear on the graphic and be editable on the graphic? Have that change somehow go straight to priority 16 in the property sheet?
    Couple different ways. You can pull the point into the database as priority 16 when you import. When you set it, it will always write to 16. Down side, it only displays priority 16 and not present value. So someone comes along and sets something at level 10, your gfx only show whatever is level 16.

Second way is the reach around. Link the fallback back around into in16.

Might be some others, reach around is what I use with reliable controls who use level 10 for user adjustments within their software.

Tridium by default, writes to present value on bacnet points.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

3. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Couple different ways. You can pull the point into the database as priority 16 when you import. When you set it, it will always write to 16. Down side, it only displays priority 16 and not present value. So someone comes along and sets something at level 10, your gfx only show whatever is level 16.

Second way is the reach around. Link the fallback back around into in16.

Might be some others, reach around is what I use with reliable controls who use level 10 for user adjustments within their software.

Tridium by default, writes to present value on bacnet points.
    You answered the obvious followup question but I was thinking a little more basic, how do I control which things are editable and control exactly what that edits?

Regarding the reach around method, these are CCN points and when I look at the property sheet the out/present value has a value in it and everything else is null. So if someone in the building uses the local control to change a setpoint that is reflected in the out value currently. So loop the OUT back around to 16 and use my graphics to change the value in 16?

Post Likes
    how do I control which things are editable and control exactly what that edits?
    Not sure I'm following you. Do you want to limit which options are available when you right click on a point? Ie limit access to 'set', 'override', 'emergency override' actions? You can hide these actions under the slot sheet and you can do with permissions. Not sure if you can change override to write @ 15 over whatever the default is without reach around or other dinking around.

Didn't catch your working with CCN. How the priorities within the tbox and the end devices depends on the protocol at hand. Some like modbus have no sense of priorities work differently than protocols that do like bacnet.

Post Likes
    Should also note, at least with bacnet, using the reach around method may cause multiple writes being sent once a change or every xx depending on your tuning policy. One for the default action, fallback -> bacnet present value. Then a second when fallback is slapped into some other priority -> bacnet level x write. Have a max write time in your tuning policy, well this effect could multiply.

With a protocol that doesn't support priorities, one would think the point out is written in a single shot. I have not sniffed the traffic to verify either case. Performance has never hit the toilet where I needed to dig that deep....yet. Default bacnet behavior is fallback = write to present.value when sniffed out.

Something to watch for.
    Last edited by orion242; 02-11-2017 at 02:16 AM.

Post Likes
    Thanks, I'll see about getting that implemented.

Couple more questions

-I have mostly made one RTU graphic and have something like 25 units, what's the best way to recycle this graphic? eg can I just copy it and do a find/replace on the ord somehow to map the points to the other units?

-Any general advice on making a nav tree to expose to the customer? I'm thinking these graphics, some schedules and maybe a little trending if I can manage it with no supervisor.

Post Likes
    You can certainlh duplicate the graphice and rename it 25 times and relink all the points 25 times or there is a way to relativize it but i dont know how exactly, ill try to explain what i know.
    Have one rtu graphic that has all the points made with the ord saying slotoints "saf_ss" or slot points "htg_vlv". Somehow when you click on the button to bring up rtu1 it goes and uses those points from that controllers point bucket, and if you were to click rtu2 then itd be the same graphics but itd go in and grab rtu2s points and grab those points since they have the same name., maybe someone else here can help explain more...

Naming is key, and it is a pain if one is difference by a little bit, cant just add that point because then ittll be on every graphic.

Post Likes
    Add new view to device, layout the px. Upper right corner there is radio button that will automatically relativize the points. Once done save the px. Go to all other matching devices and create new view, selecting previously created px and select reuse. Now when ever you edit the px it will reflect across all the same pieces of equipment that use that px.

Post Likes
    Thanks that's a big help. Then rather than using unique views to present to the customer elsewhere I just put those units in a custom nav tree? Seem to remember that from class.

Post Likes
    Yes you can drag and drop into a custom nav file

Post Likes
    This is working quite nicely so far, have everything I want.

What's the trick to get a relative path for unit display name? I could have sworn we did this in class but I can't find it in the book or the px backups I have from class.

Post Likes
    Assuming everything is relative to the device...

RTU-1 (PX assigned here)

ord = slot:
    text = %displayName%

Post Likes
    Thanks, solid day and a half of work and I have a workable system.

Post Likes
    I put a string writable called Room (or something) in the points folder and link it to the graphics relative so you can reuse the same graphic but each page can have a different name, since you are changing the string in the points folder and not on the graphic itself.

16. Likes MaxBurn liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
    I put a string writable called Room (or something) in the points folder and link it to the graphics relative so you can reuse the same graphic but each page can have a different name, since you are changing the string in the points folder and not on the graphic itself.
    I do the same and add two others for unit location and unit serves.

Comes in really handy to link all three on the gfx, especially in schools where they decide to renumber the rooms yearly. Customer can name them anything they want themselves.