Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update. I tried it today at 8f outside. Works well except it maintained an approx 100 psi HP. Since I was running R22, not R12 , ☺ , I ordered a P66 instead.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icy78 View Post
    Update. I tried it today at 8f outside. Works well except it maintained an approx 100 psi HP. Since I was running R22, not R12 , ☺ , I ordered a P66 instead.

So far I found that the factory LPS was being used. At today's 8f temps it would cycle on and off rather rapidly. So for now I have a klixon 20 psi CI 5 psi CO with delay on break timer. Would've used an adjustable but only had one and saved it for refrigeration.
    Coil has an orifice. Think I'll change that to txv. Tiny return up high, big one down low. Gotta do something with that. Interesting job.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a head press control that can maintain a minimum press of 175psi? Or can you try manually cycling the CondFan to maintain a 95*SCT and see how the system responds? I think the 100psi hiside press will give a crazy lo low side press,normally.

Is this straight AC or a HeatPump?

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Do you have a head press control that can maintain a minimum press of 175psi? Or can you try manually cycling the CondFan to maintain a 95*SCT and see how the system responds? I think the 100psi hiside press will give a crazy lo low side press,normally.

Is this straight AC or a HeatPump?
    Yeah I have a 250/170 on there until the P66 arrives. Disconnect off for weekend.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the existing 250/175 you have a very lo low side press? If yes,then lo on freon?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12