Post Likes

Madness I tell you

I got all excited when I heard a gaggle of girls approaching my front door. I heard just the other day that it was nearly Girl Scout cookie time and the wife is out of town. Perfect! I was getting ready to order about $100 dollars worth...figured I'll pay the piper later when they get delivered - tell the wife she was handicapped and really cute or something.

But noooo, not in this ridiculous age we live in. I'm out $20 for a pledge for the girls to either be active for 60 minutes a day, not drink sugary drinks or eat a vegetable or fruit with every meal.

This ain't right. Not for them, certainly not for me. If they're still on my block when I leave I'm gonna ask them to keep an eye out for the Scouts and send 'em my way. Wish I would of thought of that before they left.

This is totally messed up.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    I would've told them they were insane.

Post Likes
    thats why i like living way out in the sticks,,,someone knocks on my door i know it's not anyone i want to talk to
    if corny was a part on a washing machine,,, he'd be the agitator

“Those who CAST the votes decide nothing; those who COUNT the votes decide everything.” – Stalin even evil men say things worth paying attention to

A Nation of Sheep - Breeds a Government of Wolves

Gangster Al Capone once remarked that anyone who can walk to the welfare office can walk to work.

4. Likes coolwhip, Tool-Slinger liked this post.
    Post Likes
    So, people want to be paid to make healthy choices instead of being slugs.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    I got all excited when I heard a gaggle of girls approaching my front door. I heard just the other day that it was nearly Girl Scout cookie time and the wife is out of town. Perfect! I was getting ready to order about $100 dollars worth...figured I'll pay the piper later when they get delivered - tell the wife she was handicapped and really cute or something.

But noooo, not in this ridiculous age we live in. I'm out $20 for a pledge for the girls to either be active for 60 minutes a day, not drink sugary drinks or eat a vegetable or fruit with every meal.

This ain't right. Not for them, certainly not for me. If they're still on my block when I leave I'm gonna ask them to keep an eye out for the Scouts and send 'em my way. Wish I would of thought of that before they left.

This is totally messed up.
    I would have laughed in their face and asked them to pay me for helping them understand the dementia of their leaders!

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

7. Likes coolwhip liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I ain't gonna be the guy who said no to a kid fundraising for the school she goes to - at least not in the presence of their adult supervision. With a highly identifiable company van in the drive way, I kinda have to tone down my rhetoric when it comes to certain things. For my sake as well, as many of them will come to me for easy fixes here and there for some fast easy cash.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    Perhaps I was hasty and flippant. I would just smile and say I don't have any cash and I wish you luck pursuing what should be natural behaviors for you and pleasantly wave to the parents.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

Post Likes
    I dont think theyd appreciate me opening the door nude and holding my beer.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    I dont think theyd appreciate me opening the door nude and holding my beer.
    The beer would be over the edge...

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

12. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.