Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 112
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Likes
    Honestly I think suing over the cake is a bit much, but a baker simply can't refuse a paying customer based on race, religion, or sexuality. I say the baker should suck it up and do what they do and bake a cake!

  2. #41
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,704
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Man View Post
    If you equate pedophiles to gay people, then I must have underestimated your Christian righteousness. Hopefully you can differentiate between consenting adults and child abuse.
    Not the point. The point is that justification by genetic predispositon is a very slippery slope that will not confine itself to the predisposition of your choosing.

    Just as, in my day, we couldnt conceive of being forced to allow trannies to use whatever bathroom they chose, over the objections of parents and a huge segment of the population.

    One day in *your* future, pedophiles will be granted concessions over *your* objections. Maybe not set free, but concessions nonetheless. The enforced right to live across the street from grade schools, for example.

    Your wife will be able to bring her lovers home, and if you object, she'll take you to court and take everything you own. You'll be deemed intolerant and sexist.

    Behavorial justification is a vicious dog.

    But back to the main point. Again, if you believe that the left is not imposing their skewed sense of morality on the rest of us in the name of tolerance, your not paying attention, and one day, that dog will bite *you*.
    Dem=Washington Democrat
    dem or Liberal=the average citizen democrat
    Liberalism refers to the ideology of systemic corruption


    How to apply for Professional Membership

  3. Likes davidj001 liked this post.
  4. #42
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,704
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Man View Post
    If you equate pedophiles to gay people, then I must have underestimated your Christian righteousness. Hopefully you can differentiate between consenting adults and child abuse.
    Btw, these remarks are uncalled for and a perfect example of responses designed to place the scarlet letter on those who disagree.

    And so you know where I stand, I understand the victimization involved with pedophilia. The comparison is drawn on the basis that both are sexually deviant.

    I won't bother to return the insult.
    Dem=Washington Democrat
    dem or Liberal=the average citizen democrat
    Liberalism refers to the ideology of systemic corruption


    How to apply for Professional Membership

  5. Likes lions_lair, davidj001 liked this post.
  6. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Not the point. The point is that justification by genetic predispositon is a very slippery slope that will not confine itself to the predisposition of your choosing.

    Just as, in my day, we couldnt conceive of being forced to allow trannies to use whatever bathroom they chose, over the objections of parents and a huge segment of the population.

    One day in *your* future, pedophiles will be granted concessions over *your* objections. Maybe not set free, but concessions nonetheless.
    Your wife will be able to bring her lovers home, and if you object, she'll take you to court and take everything you own. You'll be deemed intolerant and sexist.

    Behavorial justification is a vicious dog.

    But back to the main point. Again, if you believe that the left is not imposing their skewed sense of morality on the rest of us in the name of tolerance, your not paying attention, and one day, that dog will bite *you*.
    I see it as live and let live. Nobody is forcing beliefs on me. Just let them be, that's all. Gay marriage doesn't hurt you or any body else. I never once mentioned genetic predisposition. There is a clear difference between gay marriage and tranny's in the bathrooms, and pedophiles and my wife bringing livers home. It's unfortunate that your beliefs are blinding you to that difference, but the difference is clear to me.

  7. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Btw, these remarks are uncalled for and a perfect example of responses designed to place the scarlet letter on those who disagree.

    And so you know where I stand, I understand the victimization involved with pedophilia. The comparison is drawn on the basis that both are sexually deviant.

    I won't bother to return the insult.
    I was a bit out of line, sorry about that. I don't know how you keep your composure so well on this forum. It's just frustrating to me that you are clearly intelligent, but why are you so intolerant? Democrats aren't trying to force beliefs on any one, it's clearly the Republicans who are doing that. The only thing democrats are forcing on people is a reasonable amount of tolerance.

  8. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
  9. #45
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,704
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Man View Post
    I see it as live and let live. Nobody is forcing beliefs on me. Just let them be, that's all. Gay marriage doesn't hurt you or any body else. I never once mentioned genetic predisposition. There is a clear difference between gay marriage and tranny's in the bathrooms, and pedophiles and my wife bringing livers home. It's unfortunate that your beliefs are blinding you to that difference, but the difference is clear to me.
    In your opinion, which you are, as an American, entitled to (until said opinion is deemed improper by society).
    That includes the perogative to deny the reality that your party of tolerance is legislating the opinions of others and penalizing those who disagree.

    May it never turn against *your* sense of morality.

    But I'm sure you'll understand in the event that it does.
    Dem=Washington Democrat
    dem or Liberal=the average citizen democrat
    Liberalism refers to the ideology of systemic corruption


    How to apply for Professional Membership

  10. Likes lions_lair, davidj001 liked this post.
  11. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    In your opinion, which you are, as an American, entitled to (until said opinion is deemed improper by society).
    That includes the perogative to deny the reality that your party of tolerance is legislating the opinions of others and penalizing those who disagree.

    May it never turn against *your* sense of morality.

    But I'm sure you'll understand in the event that it does.
    No, I don't think I would understand or accept it.

  12. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,116
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Man View Post
    I was a bit out of line, sorry about that. I don't know how you keep your composure so well on this forum. It's just frustrating to me that you are clearly intelligent, but why are you so intolerant? Democrats aren't trying to force beliefs on any one, it's clearly the Republicans who are doing that. The only thing democrats are forcing on people is a reasonable amount of tolerance.
    As I see it, Red Man, you were not at all out of line, and Vin just confirmed why you were perfectly justified in underscoring his self-righteousness. By painting pedophiles and gays with the same brush, ie. sexual deviance, he is indeed attempting to qualify homosexuality as a morally reprehensible, if not outright criminal, behavior. If he were truly honest with you, and himself, he would admit that he wants to live in a society where homosexuality is strictly forbidden and punishable by law.

  13. Likes Red Man, 54885488 liked this post.
    Dislikes davidj001 disliked this post.
  14. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMasticator View Post
    If he were truly honest with you, and himself, he would admit that he wants to live in a society where homosexuality is strictly forbidden and punishable by law.
    That sounds like most of the middle eastern countries! Maybe Vin would be happier in Saudi Arabia where gays are put to death and women aren't allowed to protest against a president who doesn't respect them. All this Republican intolerance is really starting to sound a lot like Islamic extremism.

  15. Likes MadMasticator liked this post.
    Dislikes Tool-Slinger disliked this post.
  16. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Likes
    We know what's best for every one because god told us so!

  17. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
  18. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,116
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Man View Post
    That sounds like most of the middle eastern countries! Maybe Vin would be happier in Saudi Arabia where gays are put to death and women aren't allowed to protest against a president who doesn't respect them. All this Republican intolerance is really starting to sound a lot like Islamic extremism.
    Exactly, every kind of fundamentalism runs on a trumped up (pun intended...haha) fear of the Other. I have an interesting theory as to why that is, but we'll have to wait for another occasion to delve into it. That's a very long conversation, and it's already very late here.

    Thanks for all the good posts. See you next time...

  19. Dislikes davidj001 disliked this post.
  20. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    6,801
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    You sound like the perfect democrat there Roy. You just want everybody to be "equal"? You voted for Hillary?
    I really don't want to get in to a stupid conversation with you, but I'm not.

    Leave it be.

    Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

  21. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o
    Posts
    1,752
    Post Likes
    Oh man the cake argument rears it's giant forehead again in full retard mode.

    The problem wasn't that the moronic baker didn't have the right to not bake a cake it was because he made sure to mention it was because the customers were gay and that was a violation of a law that was on the books. Also he was willing to bake a cake FOR A DOG WEDDING. Yes that's right marriage is a sacred institution between a man and a woman or a couple of dogs. Praise Jesus!

  22. Likes MadMasticator liked this post.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •