Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sporlan moisture elements.

I recently started a couple new freezer condensing units. Pulled and held 350 microns, install crew kept it dry. One systems element is green, and one is white. I changed the white element with a new one. It stayed white. I am going back soon to switch the green one into the "white" system to see its reaction. The white, is very white. Bad batch maybe? Element part number is KSA-4kit. 125 lbs of 404a so don't want to simply change the charge. After the switch out test I could start changing dryer cores. Two on the LL and 1 suction side. Thoughts anyone?

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icy78 View Post
    I recently started a couple new freezer condensing units. Pulled and held 350 microns, install crew kept it dry. One systems element is green, and one is white. I changed the white element with a new one. It stayed white. I am going back soon to switch the green one into the "white" system to see its reaction. The white, is very white. Bad batch maybe? Element part number is KSA-4kit. 125 lbs of 404a so don't want to simply change the charge. After the switch out test I could start changing dryer cores. Two on the LL and 1 suction side. Thoughts anyone?
    A white moisture indicator means that the salts on the paper have been washed off. This indicator has been permanently damaged. They should never appear white, at worst they will appear yellow (indicating wet) and turn green after the system comes online and the Sporlan Catch-All clears the moisture out of the system.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. So white, right out of the white envelope, indicates a faulty element then? If so that helps , as I can open as many as necessary to find a good one. (I've changed many of these and not had a problem until now. )

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you are correct.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you sir! And also thank you for being on board here.

6. Likes Sporlan liked this post.