Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Post Likes

    Purge replacement geothermal unit

    I just had my old geothermal system replaced with a climatemaster TZ unit. It's a closed ground loop system. The loop is already filled with glycol. The installer poured water to fill the tubes between the pump and the unit. I argued that it needed pressure and that he would never get all the air out of the system that way. I know/believe the best method is to use a flush cart to get the air out of the system but he does not have one. The current plan is to put a T with a hose connection and a valve at the top of the loop (which is higher than the unit). The idea is to top off what little water is needed in the system with water under pressure and then let the air out as it rises. Will this work?
    The system is running fine now but I'm concerned about the long term effects.
    Any advice is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Post Likes
    The proper way is to use a flush cart. Air bubbles will get stuck in the loop without the high pressure/ flow of a pump. All so your house water pressure may not be enough to pressurize the loop. There is a possibility you may contaminate your hoise water if any glycol back flows up the hose into the house. I would find someone else to finish the job the right way.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Post Likes
    i agree find someone else. Call a reputable geothermal Hvac company to check everything out. They can goose it and find what it needs. More pressure, different mix of antifreeze, air flushed from system, take a he/hr reading, etc. Im a big fan of Climatemaster. It’s all I install. That’s the tranquility 22 right? And while that “could” work...y risk it. Have someone flush it. Too expensive to gamble with. Just curious but did he offer you the trilogy qe in his bid? Hwg option? IGate stat? I can’t remember the exacts of that unit but Some of this equipment can’t even be properly set up without either a “dongle” or “service tool” and judging by what you’ve said about the guy at ur house I’d doubt he carries either.

    Is this in the right forum? AOP?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts