Post Likes

"Maintenance" by a big company

Customer called to get a second opinion after that 'big company and his sons' came out to perform "maintenance" on his heat pump. Left him a huge estimate for UV lights and saying he has mold in his AHU, needs to take care of it immediately, and also left the customer wondering why the outdoor unit was making so much noise. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried selling him a new system, since that's all they know.

Came in, found both float switches for the secondary and condensate pump were disconnected, control box cover was left off and sitting next to the cabinet, run capacitor was nearly dead, and the grounding wire for the blower was cut and rattling against the wheel. Went outside, found the service caps sitting on the disconnect. Popped the panel off and I could tell nothing had been touched because it all had 12 years of dust and pollen on the wiring. Compressor wiring was near to rubbing a hole through the suction line and the coil was filthy.

As for the noise the customer was hearing, this is it. This joker didn't just leave a jumper on the TEST pins, he must've deliberately put one there since defrost boards don't come with two jumpers. As you'd expect, the unit was constantly kicking in and out of defrost.

How do these guys get away with this???

Name:  IMG_20170105_145626571[1].jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  69.4 KB

Post Likes
    Nice find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Wow. "If you can't we can". That's really sad and unfortunate, but it goes on all day every day

Post Likes
    I am less than a year into my apprenticeship so hopefully one day I can get that skilled.

Post Likes
    Amazing how advertising gets these jokers jobs and the real guys have to clean up there mess and try to explain to customers that not every hvac company is out to rob them.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    that defrost bord looks toasty look at the bord behind the 2 blue resistors nice and hot it got

Post Likes
    I see your stealing my customers again!!!

8. Likes Pnasty liked this post.
    Post Likes
    [QUOTE=jbhenergy;24296991]I see your stealing my customers again!!!
    Here I was thinking that me and my boys were going to get a negative review on yelp. thanks for taking the heat

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes
    Had a customer say "We want to go with a big company for service". My reply: Oh, in that case I can act like a big company "You need a new system this 3 year old system is completely shot, obsolete, best to change your system every two years this one is long overdo".
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn