Post Likes

Flame sensor system tester

Someone mentioned to me that there is a tester available that will simulate a flame sensor that will tell me if the board is no good. He said you turn the gas valve off, hook up this tool, turn the unit on and the unit thinks that there is flame, even though there is no flame because the gas valve is off. If anyone can tell me what the tool is called, from my convoluted description, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
    They will soon forget how long it takes, but they will always remember the quality.

Post Likes
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....ster-Simulator

This was just being discussed a couple days ago. Might not be exactly what your looking for but I hope it helps.

Post Likes
    Thanks! I didn't realize I posted in the electricians section.
    They will soon forget how long it takes, but they will always remember the quality.

Post Likes
    Johnson controls Flame simulator .Part number Y99AW-1C

Post Likes
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have the uA feature on your meter, do you still have to simulate it? If the flame rod is sending the signal and you're checking in series right at the board, then the board is bad. In my experience, flame rods don't really "go bad" if you can still clean them and the ceramic's good. They usually send a signal waaay higher than the threshold to rectify flame at the board.