+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Lighting Wet Room on Remodel.

Post Likes

Help with Lighting Wet Room on Remodel.

This is a Bath Remodel in my house. The area is 71" x 60" A 60' x 30" White Tub on the right, shower on the left. Shower is to have Matte Dark Blue Tile on floor, back wall, tub apron, and ceiling. About the color of Levi's washed a dozen times. Side walls and Tub faucet end wall are to be a glossy off white 12" x 24" tile. I'd like to use a flush mount ceiling lights, that are for a wet area, and I want to use LED lamps, with a standard screw base. BTW if someone can tell me how to post pictures, I can post the Architectural Drawings I did.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    This is a Bath Remodel in my house. The area is 71" x 60" A 60' x 30" White Tub on the right, shower on the left. Shower is to have Matte Dark Blue Tile on floor, back wall, tub apron, and ceiling. About the color of Levi's washed a dozen times. Side walls and Tub faucet end wall are to be a glossy off white 12" x 24" tile. I'd like to use a flush mount ceiling lights, that are for a wet area, and I want to use LED lamps, with a standard screw base. BTW if someone can tell me how to post pictures, I can post the Architectural Drawings I did.
    So what is the question?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    he wants to know what lights and cans we all would suggest.

i dont know what cans but i do suggest a frosted daylight bulb. they "appear" brighter and have a cleaner light. temperature of daylight is between 5500 and 6500 kelvin.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    I believe 4000k is natural...5000k and more feels like you're in a lab

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mtlmonk View Post
    I believe 4000k is natural...5000k and more feels like you're in a lab
    Yes... 4K is more or less neutral...
    Yet true daylight (outdoors)... is more like 5-6K... yeah, seems strange.

Note the type of bulb makes a difference...
    As the light from a 4K flourescent looks different than a 4K LED
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I used an elco can, new construction, for direct insulation contact, wet area, and installed a wet area LED Retro fit. It's too yellow for the tile we picked, but I haven't replaced it yet. I have checked it for condensation , and it was dry. BTW it has a styrofoam insulation box over it, that's sealed to the Wedi Board tile backer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in