+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the best and quietest toilet

Post Likes

What is the best and quietest toilet

Just bought a new house and replaced the Heating and Air Conditioning. The toilets are all original (1989). As I am an HVAC tech only, I would like the plumbing community to give some input on this. The existing toilets are noisy when flushed and refilling. Thanks. (Yes this house is new, my last one was built in 1896).

Post Likes
    refilling noise is usually a pressure problem (too high) and the noise baffles were likely removed from the fluidmaster valves at the base because they impede pressure and filling.

Kohler (high end) and Toto (high end) are pretty quiet when the water goes down.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    mine isn't too noisy, but I was concerned w/flush power. tired of plunging old toilet. Amer Stand "champion"
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    Cannot say the Toto Drake is particularly quiet, but it seems to be unstoppable. Found a rating online that said it could handle over 900 grams...... That is close to a two pound dump!

I bought one a few years back ('09) and then another and then another. Have one more potty to replace and i'm done.

Post Likes
    The quietest toilet I know of is an outhouse.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

6. Likes lkapigian liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Until the splash.
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

Post Likes
    Our scout initiation was to hold the new guys head in the hole while one of use drop a rather large rock into the clean out.

Post Likes
    I am a landlord with 15 units. American Standards with the 3" flush valve are my go-to toilet. You can get them at the Depot for about $120, seat included. My wife and kid also have a habit of plugging up toilets in every house we've ever lived in. Never once have they plugged up one of these since I installed them throughout my house. They are the only toilet I will buy and I've installed over 10 of them without any issue. Particularly like the tank-to-bowl connections, as they include a nut driver that, when used to hand tighten the tank bolts, has resulted in 100% leak free installs for me thus far. Also, the cadet model has a chrome trip level which is a nice upgrade from the typical plastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I like Kohler, had them in the house for 28 years, could count on one hand the times they clogged. On my bath remodel I used a Kohler Highline Classic from Lowe's. It's very quiet on refill, and flushing except for a Glug Glug at the end of the flush. This is a common problem with this toilet. A least it doesn't sound like Old Faithful.

Post Likes
    Thanks for all of the input. Going to replace the 2 existing Murray toilets upstairs with Kohler.

Post Likes
    I know this post is old but i thought I would help out people in the future who are looking to pick out a new toilet. There is a website map-testing.com if you like a toilet, plug in the make and model into the website and it will tell you how well it flushes. If you dont know what to pick, go for a Toto Drake EL. Best bang for the flush in my professional opinion.

Post Likes
    Agreed! Never had a plug. Almost 10 years in now. 3 of 'em and one more coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Flezhen View Post
    I know this post is old but i thought I would help out people in the future who are looking to pick out a new toilet. There is a website map-testing.com if you like a toilet, plug in the make and model into the website and it will tell you how well it flushes. If you dont know what to pick, go for a Toto Drake EL. Best bang for the flush in my professional opinion.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in