Thread: Air Filter(s) Installment

Post Likes

Air Filter(s) Installment

We recently bought a house and need to change our air filter. The first time we changed it, a replacement was already in the closet, so we used that and installed it just as the previous had been installed. Now, it's time to change it again, but while I was doing research to install a smart thermostat, I had a suspicion that it might be installed incorrectly. I know near nothing about furnaces, so I'm not sure.

We own a ADX1B060A9361AB. I have attached pictures of the furnace and the spot where the air filter was installed.

We installed it just as it had been previously, air flow down, horizontally. Is this correct for the model/set-up? Should it be in a V with another?

I worry way too much about things like this, but I just thought I'd check.
    Name:  IMG_1669.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  47.7 KBName:  IMG_1670.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  75.1 KB

Also, our furnace is slightly loud (part of that is probably just its location next to the living room in a closet). Would a better filter help this? Thanks!

Post Likes
    Pictures are sideways.

Post Likes
    Not a big issue, but airflow is up as far as I can tell from these photos.

Filter may make little difference. I would suggest a complete system check from a tech. You can get all your questions and answered and he/she can teach you about your system.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

4. Likes bbbysnw liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Not a big issue, but airflow is up as far as I can tell from these photos.

Filter may make little difference. I would suggest a complete system check from a tech. You can get all your questions and answered and he/she can teach you about your system.
    Is that a counter flow furnace? If it is, then the air filter is in correctly.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Is that a counter flow furnace? If it is, then the air filter is in correctly.
    That's why I said "as far as I can tell".
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    The filter is not installed properly, you're correct it should be on an angle, or 2 filters in a V.

Why? Because down-flow units don't quite have a large enough opening for filter area.
    The up-flow units will allow for a bit more. Neither are really ideal for filters, but the down-flow is worse.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in