+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ax supervisor Win Id changed.

Post Likes

Ax supervisor Win Id changed.

Came across a weird one today.
    Got called to a site where the ID had changed and so wouldnt run the web super.
    Ax ver 3.4.43
    On win Xp
    Pc off internet
    No mods made to hardware.
    No updates to Win Xp
    No change to the .jar files.

Super has been running ok for the last 7 or so years.

Got it relicenced, but anyone got an idea what might have caused this?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Had this happen to me as well. Whenever the computer restarted, the Host ID changed. Ended up getting a new computer to solve the issue ( was an old computer).
    Knowledge is money - Ignorance is expensive!!

Post Likes
    It's always some sort of change to Windows. You'll get people here that will speculate, but Tridium is really good about not releasing how their licensing interacts with Windows for fear of hacking.

I know that Windows updates are the most common reason why licenses are changed.

Post Likes
    I have had the issue happen with a AX Web Supervisor that was not on the Internet, but was on a company intranet. It was for a huge customer who sells things online and their name has something to do with a river in South America. They would routinely push either files or a previous image onto the computer running the Web Supervisor which would cause the HostID to change. Their IT department would not tell me what they were routinely doing, so we could not determine the cause. The solution was to come out every month and do a license change until we were able to move the machine off the corporate intranet to a local vendor network in the building. After that it was fine.

Post Likes
    Licensing has to be my least favorite part of working with Niagara products so far.

Post Likes
    any supervisor that is loaded on windows 10 will have a problem with the anniversary update that was pushed last month. it changes the win id with the update.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in