Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes

It sounds like you are describing the stat on the bottom of the pick. The Fenwal stat. This is Frymaster's Cadillac thermostat for millivolt fryers. I don't often see them fail, but it sounds like yours could have gone belly up. If it were me I'd test it like Lakesco suggested. If it's not stuck closed you could try to calibrate it but if it's more than 50 degrees off, it's time for replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by LakesCo View Post
    From your description, this thermostat is stuck closed.

For example, at a set point of 200, does the fryer continue to heat until the high limit opens?

With the fryer warmed up (less than high limit cut off) and oil temperature verified with a probe, turn off gas supply, disconnect thermostat wires from gas valve and verify with a ohm meter that the thermostat contacts open and close in relation to set point and actual oil temperature. This will show if thermostat is cycling.

Let us know what you find please.
    The stat setpoint was 330 and the oil temp was at 410 degrees and the main valve was still engaged until I lowered the stat to the lowest setting did the burner shut off. I did see the adjustment capability between the dial and Fenwal stat (thanks to last pictures I know what to call the sensor) but due to such a large differential it's not something I thought was close enough for calibration.

Post Likes
    I can see I will be calibrating even the new though.
    Look like I will measure oil and set the dial to the oil temp than tighten down Allen screws on the Fenwal sensor stem when the actual temp and dial align.
    Does that sound right??

4. Likes VTP99 liked this post
    Post Likes
    See ECtofix's link to the service manual. Page 1-8.

Post Likes
    10/4 will do this

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jman2794 View Post
    I can see I will be calibrating even the new though.
    Look like I will measure oil and set the dial to the oil temp than tighten down Allen screws on the Fenwal sensor stem when the actual temp and dial align.
    Does that sound right??
    Words of CAUTION:

That Fenwal tstat has no built-in stops. SOOO...when you get the new one in hand, it's best not to do ANY unfettered turning of its stem - or else you'll ruin it. Just get it mounted and then follow the book on setting it up for calibration. You'll be installing its stops when you put all its connecting stem parts together inside the fryer.

Wasn't sure if that was in the manual, so just offering my requisite warning that I was told years ago and passing on to you.
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ECtofix View Post
    Words of CAUTION:

That Fenwal tstat has no built-in stops. SOOO...when you get the new one in hand, it's best not to do ANY unfettered turning of its stem - or else you'll ruin it. Just get it mounted and then follow the book on setting it up for calibration. You'll be installing its stops when you put all its connecting stem parts together inside the fryer.

Wasn't sure if that was in the manual, so just offering my requisite warning that I was told years ago and passing on to you.
    Got it. I read excessive turning damages it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123