+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fral FDK 70 dehumidifier

Post Likes

Fral FDK 70 dehumidifier

does anyone know anything about them good bad. looking for a crawl space applications.

Post Likes
    I know nothing good or bad. I know a lot of good about the Santa Fe/Ultra-Air/Honeywell/ and many other US made dehus.
    The Santa Fes are the most energy efficient dehus in the world and made in the USA.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Dang they're expensive! And heavy!

After having a Delonghi freeze, a Soleusair fail under warranty, the failed Soleusair, its replacement and a keystone get recalled, I bought a Frigidaire and a second for different place. All from china. The Frigidaires are running like a clock. Last week Frigidaire issued a recall. One's not in the recall, I can't check the other for a month.

Maybe there's a good reason for the price and weight.

Post Likes
    Seems most of the big box store dehu's are fire hazards and have been recalled

http://onsafety.cpsc.gov/blog/2013/0...and-burn-risk/

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/dehumidifier-recalls

Not somthing I want in my crawl .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by throrope View Post
    Dang they're expensive! And heavy!

After having a Delonghi freeze, a Soleusair fail under warranty, the failed Soleusair, its replacement and a keystone get recalled, I bought a Frigidaire and a second for different place. All from china. The Frigidaires are running like a clock. Last week Frigidaire issued a recall. One's not in the recall, I can't check the other for a month.

Maybe there's a good reason for the price and weight.
    For that kind of money, you can have USA made, 20% less electricity, and a good reputation. Santa Fe/ Ultra-Aire/Honeywell
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in